When someone says this to you

NightTimeForever

Well, this random memory popped into my head today (have too much time to think). Bascically this co-worker, (a dude), was commenting on these two girls and said something like "they were light years out of our league" or something...I heard him saying that to somebody else, I think.

I was kinda mentioning to an older manager lady, about how he kept trying to lump us together, and how he kept saying he looked like me and she said "I think he wished he looked like you" or whatever. Anyway, about what that guy was saying, should I take it to heart? I mean he was (not trying to be mean) very creepy around girls, even talking about russian roulette as a convo opener to this girl he liked. So, I don't know how reliable his opinion is? Are there multiple reasons for someone to say these kinds of things, or am I missing something negative about myself?

NightTimeForever

unwantedoutcast said:
the guy sounds a little off. dont listen to him. i dont think you should take it to heart

well, he was more than just a little off. And it is a testament to my SA that I would even consider his opinion, but it was still nagging me you know?

unwantedoutcast

NightTimeForever said:
unwantedoutcast said:
the guy sounds a little off. dont listen to him. i dont think you should take it to heart

well, he was more than just a little off. And it is a testament to my SA that I would even consider his opinion, but it was still nagging me you know?

by off i didnt mean in his description of you, i meant that he sounds like hes crazy and you shouldnt listen to him :). but yea i know how you feel, i let everything people say bother me

NightTimeForever

unwantedoutcast said:
NightTimeForever said:
unwantedoutcast said:

by off i didnt mean in his description of you, i meant that he sounds like hes crazy and you shouldnt listen to him :). but yea i know how you feel, i let everything people say bother me

well yeah I know what you meant :), but could his description of me be accurate I wonder? I mean how do you know if someone is speaking te truth, or not?