What's your greatest fear?

Tim001

What is your greatest fear? What really sends you into a full blown SA attack?

Mine has to do with being in a classroom or a meeting with more than 5 people (who I may or may not know) and having the instructor or facilitator say the words “ lets go around the room and have everyone introduce themselves” Usually they are looking for a little more info than simply stating your name. I can’t adequately describe the fear I feel in this situation and nothing sends my SA through the roof more than this.

Tim

cody2468

My biggest fear at the moment is growing into a lonely old lady with no friends. I have lived in complete isolation for the last 10 years with very little contact with people.

I also fear that when I die I will die alone in my flat and no one will know I am there as no one will miss me.

JWH

Mostly public transport, but any kind of transport will do it to me. Even flying... I'll see the queues at the toilets and think oh no... what if!

Anonymous

My biggest fear(and by god there are so many of them) but in terms of SP it would have to be one on one with any person of the opposite sex, cause everytime I talk to a girl I go bright red in the face, and seeing as I got red hair too, it doesnt help much :) and does anyone of you remember in school where your teacher says "Ok everyone go find someone to partner up with" I would dread them, so I would just sit there and do nothing. Its horrible

nedkelly

Mine is speaking in front of others,speaking to neighbours,working under bosses,public toilets,too loud a noise,and facing any planned appointments..because of my severe insomnia

Anonymous

going beyond the basics, fear of being with the opposite sex, public transport etc. my true fear that just sits in the back of my mind.. is just starting to cry in public lol (i'm a guy btw... I think I would die if that happened)

Anonymous

i fear them too.. but i think my greatest fear in life is looking forward into the future on what my life would be after 5 years.. yes i got a bf and friend before but i only got hurting in the end.. that's y i couldn't imagine myself being with someone again someday.. i fear that my SA won't stop ruining my life as it does today.. :(

Anonymous

i fear them too.. but i think my greatest fear in life is looking forward into the future on what my life would be after 5 years.. yes i got a bf and friend before but i only got hurting in the end.. that's y i couldn't imagine myself being with someone again someday.. i fear that my SA won't stop ruining my life as it does today.. :(

sluge2head

my hapened.it was the first day of school and in p.e. we had to go around the gym with this peace of paper.at the time i didnt know what SA was so i sate there looking down and every body keep asking me what was wrong with me and other stuff.then the teacher made me go meet people but when she looked away i went in a corner cause i felt like i was going crazy and the SA shot into the sky.does vicodine help SA.

ricky

my biggest fear is being on public transport an other situations i have to be in that i can't really just get out of. cos i think wat if im sick, i cant jus leave straight away, speically if im with people.

Anonymous

I am afraid of women's boobs. :oops: Something about them terrifies me. :cry: Every time I am around a woman, I start thinking: "Boobs in the room, stay calm, don't panic, everything is going to be ok, don't run away, breathe deep." 8O

Sempfy

ricky said:
my biggest fear is being on public transport an other situations i have to be in that i can't really just get out of. cos i think wat if im sick, i cant jus leave straight away, speically if im with people.

Yep, same thing here. Public transport is fine for me tho. That's one of the reasons I'm even more scared of eating out nowadays, coz I feel like I'm going to throw up everytime and there's no toilets nearby. Once, about two years ago, I went to this chinese restaurant, my anxiety hit, ate a bit, walked outside and chucked my guts up right out the front, almost all over this girl who was walking past at the time. Soooo embarassing. :oops: I jes said "I'm so sorry" or something.

Other fears with regard to SA are meeting new people, especially girls, not very good with that. :oops: I jes feel inferior, like I know they're gonna think I'm a loser and that I'm not good enough for them etc etc.

Anonymous

LilMissTragic,

I am a girl, and in high school a bunch of the girls in my high school started spreading this nasty rumor that I stared at their breasts. When I finally heard the rumor, I was so terrified and horrified that everybody thought this terrible thing about me. I realized that I couldn't relax and be myself without unknowingly causing offense, that I just started to become uptight around women.

So, if I were in a room with you, I would be desperately trying to keep my eyes from looking at your breasts.

Does that make sense? What CAN I DO to get BETTER??? HELP! ANY advice would be appreciated.

Sweet Nothings.