What's this sound like?

randomguy19

Ok.. When I go outside which is rare I seem to have these weird feelings.. They are becoming worse and happens almost every time I interact with people. I can't go into details because it's hard to explain but I'll do the best I can. I could be talking to someone or I could be somewhere where people is around and I seem to get this weird feeling like I'm not there. I fear that I'm going to loose control and do something extreme. This feeling is similar to the flight or fight experience that you get when something major has happened. Like I said, it's becoming worse and sometimes it scares me because I always feel like I'm about to loose control. It seems to only happen in social events but sometimes it even happens when I'm talking to someone I feel "safe" around. Does this sound like a panic attack?

Yeah it sounds like a SAD (social anxiety disorder) type of panic attack. Practice some deep abdominal breathing before, during and after these attacks to help. Focus on what's going on around you not within you. You are experiencing a "fight or flight" response when there is nothing there that can hurt you. Try to ride it out. ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy) has helped me a lot with these sort of reactions.