Whats the difference between solitude and being lonely?

richkid

I'm starting to think I'm better of just by myself. I've been home for christmas for a week, don't get me wrong love seeing my family,just always feels awkard. I'm at my house in leeds now been here for 2 days now by myselfsince everyoneelse is at home still.the strange thing is that I'm really enjoying it,I have freedom to do what I want and to fell like I'm being anti-social all the time. I haven'tlock my selffrom society been out and about getting bitsand pieces, but it scares me to think being totally alone makes me feel better.I'm up to do work, which I finding difficult can't concentrate! Going down to see my girlfriend tomoz, but shit scared not of her thank god :lol: but going out with her friends at new year.

Maybe a bit of quality time with yourself is good for you, what people think.

Anonymous

Believe me, I now how you feel. Ilike to be alone too, but then sometimes I do get lonely and I don't have many friends so it gets hard sometimes. I think you should try to be around people even when you wouldrather bealone so that when you do get lonely you'll have people to talk to. I hope this helps.

piper23

There's nothing wrong with being alone or even wanting to be...but the more you are the less comfortable you will be with people, and the worse any shyness or sa will become. I thought it was better for me to be alone, then I wouldn't do anything dumb and no chance of rejection. But that also meant I was missing out on all the enjoyments of life, and all the wonderful experiences having friends brings!
Even if you feel ok now, years from now the loneliness will probably grow to be intolerable. If you can, try to not keep yourself from family and friends completely. Give them time to enjoy your company. Believe me, they do. :wink:

JamesMorgan

Loneliness is a negative state mind based upon separation.

Whether we are close to others or live on our own does not matter, if within your mind you are close, open, welcoming of others, then you are near them mentally.

Solitude is isolation from certain things, people, things etc its physical

So i would say one is a state of mind, the other is a physical place or external location.

You can have both solitude and loneliness, solitude and a feeling of being inseperable with or close to others.

JamesMorgan

Loneliness is a negative state mind based upon separation.

Whether we are close to others or live on our own does not matter, if within your mind you are close, open, welcoming of others, then you are near them mentally.

Solitude is isolation from certain things, people, things etc its physical

So i would say one is a state of mind, the other is a physical place or external location.

You can have both solitude and loneliness, solitude and a feeling of being inseperable with or close to others.