What's the best kind of help to get for Social Anxiety?

michael122

Hey guys, i'm just so tired of social anxiety ruining my life. I'm in highschool and I have no real friends. I don't do anything. I barely talk and it's just pure torture. There's so man things I want to do and quite a few people I want to be friends with but my anxiety creeps in and I can't say a thing. It's one of the reason I have acid reflux cause i've been stressed and have had anxiety for far to long. I gotta go get help cause I can't keep living like this. The thing is I want to get help that actually works. Are there any good kind of theropies to take or any medications that don't have harmful side affects? I guess I gotta go to a doctor to be diagnosed first right? Then they'll be able to see what would be the best thing for me to do.

gsmax5

Yeah, I'm like that too.

BTW: Self diagnosis is usually not a good idea, but sometimes (like probably in your case) you just know when you have something. I have only had a few friends in my life (none at the moment) and never had any "True" friends.

One idea I suggest is to read pickup artist books like "The Game". While they are intended to teach you how to seduce women, they also make you look at socialization as more of a "science" than just something you either have or don't have.

I don't know what's with me today, sorry about the 99999999 grammatical errors.

danstelter

The best thing for you to do is to do that which works best for you. A great starting point would be to see a counselor (Counselors see difficulties from many different angles and can help you determine if using medication is the best route for you to go). I tried counseling once for a period of about 3-4 months, and found it very beneficial. I believe it is more beneficial than any other profession - therapy, psychologists, or doctors. There are thousands of different angles from which to approach anxiety, and having a counselor is a good starting point. Among other things, regular exercise and a healthy diet can help to significantly reduce anxiety, for example. Put all these things together, and you will be well on your way to recovering from anxiety! Ask further questions if you need help!