What would you do if you were in my shoes with this girl I met online?

kotulakj2

I alluded to some of this stuff I mentioned last week in a thread, but I could use more advice. I need some advice on a situation I'm dealing with. I met this girl on okcupid.com and she showed interest in my profile and we started chatting on the website. I messaged her first that I showed interest in her profile, but I underestimated the fact that I found out she answered "NO" to an okcupid question that mentioned as to whether she could date someone who was really quiet. To be honest I didn't mention I was introverted in my profile and I kind of stretched the truth when I mentioned I can carry a conversation fairly well being quiet initially. My guess is she is obviously under this impression I'm very outgoing and not under the impression that I have another part of my personality that is very quiet. I mean I have shown to be capable of carrying good conversations in the past, but if you read the next paragraph of my post you will see where my troubles set in.

Now my problem is not so much being afraid to talk to girls, but the fact I don't have much to say and I think a big reason is because I'm pretty introverted. I feel I have enough interesting material and stories to hold at least a decent to very good conversation for a first date, but after that is where my social awkwardness I fear will haunt me on any possible successive dates because I have only so many experiences to share. So my question to you is should I just tell her that I can't go out with her knowing already she is not going to accept me long term for who I am because my personality is boring or should I just go for it for the hell of it and just see what happens?? I mean I don't feel like I want to waste her's or my time if I truly believe this will be the case with me long term. At the same time, I feel if I pass this up it will be very difficult to find someone else to go out with especially since I had to pull teeth to try to find one girl online who was interested in me and since I'm introverted, online dating I feel is the only way to go for me. I guess I could always join social gatherings, but the chances of finding someone who will be ok with dating someone very quiet are quite unlikely. What should I do?

mixedupgirl

Well I think you should go, it'll be an experience. And you shouldn't put all the pressure on yourself to do all the talking. If you two can find some common ground, the conversation will just keep on flowing. It's always good to have funny stories on a date as well....

SilentAndShy

It is up to two people to build a conversation, not just you only. If you meet her, you might find it goes well.

But there is a possibility that she might feel disappointed if you are too quiet but just enquire about her, her interests and see where it takes you.

I'm not normally one to encourage out-right lying but this seems to be bending the truth slightly that you might get away with.

SM1010

Dude, don't defeat yourself without even giving it a shot.

Please go out with her.

The more experience you have with women the more comfortable you'll be. You can't gain that experience unless you take chances with women.