What will you do if you have a crush?

jauggy

Re: Crush on a guy?

koyaanisqatsi said:
From a guys perspective who has had crushes on women, I can offer some advice. I did not do this but it is something you might try. Approach him about a work-related issue--that seems to take the pressure off the personal aspect of your feelings. You may find out things about each other. The conversation may drift into personal things or it may not. This seems to be a good start--you practice social skills with a real person in a real situation.
That seems like very good advice I think you should try it.

dzerklis

there is this girl in english courses i dont know how to approach, i can hardly talk to people one on one usually, how im supposed to meet with anybody damn :(

PhantomPod

I admire from afar. God, I've had so many crushes, yet I've never told any of them how I feel. I seem to get really obsessed when I get a crush. I day dream about the person constantly and imagine have tons of conversations with them. I don't talk to them all that much, but sometimes I'll think of something to talk about in advance, and I'll bring that up. Whenever I have a crush on someone I feel like it's so obvious and that everyone can see my feelings for them crystal clear.

I also read way too far into things when I have a crush on someone.

Last summer I had a huge crush on my co-worker (still kind of do and am somewhat excited to see him again when our summer job starts again soon). We work as counselors at a summer camp. Two counselors are paired up and have a group of kids that they work with. I was paired up with my crush, so I worked close with him every single day last summer. It was heaven. lol. On Thursdays we take the kids on field trips as a big group, the whole camp. On the bus to and from the place, that counselors can listen to their headphones and just sleep if they want to.

One time my co-worker and I were sitting in seats across from each other on the bus. We each had our own seat. He was lying on his back with his feet on the floor in the aisle of the bus and his knees were touching the edge of my seat. I was just sitting upright, streched across the whole seat, with my back against the window. We were both sleeping. Or pretending to sleep I guess. I started feeling something tickle my leg, and realized that it was the hair on his leg, so I moved my leg over some. But eventually our legs ended up touching again. I didn't move this time. Hell, my foot fell completely asleep, and still I didn't move it. lol. Our legs were touching for nearly half an hour! I don't know for sure if he was completely asleep or not or if he was aware that our legs were touching like that, but for the longest time I could not stop thinking about it and analyzing it and wondering if it meant something. I always get like that. analyzing everything. Hell, I'm sure it was nothing, since he had a girlfriend of 3 years! lol. I get so stupid like that when I have crushes.

Ballista

Well ive had plenty of hopeless crushes. I dont see why people think its better to ask and get rejected than not know. What i would do if i liked someone is i subtly observe them and see if they give me any signals, and if they do, great, and then what i would do is slowly try to get chances to talk to her and get closer to her. Because if she like me then she would probably do the same. And then i wouldnt "ask her out" until it was super obvious that we both really liked each other. Right now i have a crush on a really pretty brunette(i prefer brunettes now because of this crush) and im quite sure she likes me too, which is unbelievably good. But the problem is that we are in different grades so we almost never see each other, which is extremely frustrating. Except on the fateful bus rides, which is where I've gotten a lot of signs, but its too loud and awkward to talk to her there. In the very rare moments I've had to talk to her, i suddenly lose my confidence and i get monumentally nervous about talking to her, so nothing ever happens. (Im very physically unattractive, so i have very little reason to be confident. my crush probably just hasnt gotten a good look at me without a coat on so she hasnt yet realized how unmanly my body is. )Sadly, at this rate, i doubt anything will ever happen. Which is such a shame, because i feel so attracted to her, its not like shes the type of girl that everyone's all over but for some reason i just think her face is SO cute. theres no other girl in my whole high school that is nearly as pretty to me. im just afraid that ill never be able to find anyone that im attracted to, even if she has a similar personality to mine . And if the person you have a crush on does not give you signals and clearly doesn't care about you, then try to get over them asap. Its not even funny how miserable it is when you have a crush on someone and they dont like you back. So dont just ask them, but observe if they like you or not first.

Last edited: