what treatment r u on

SHYoreoCOOKIE4U

first off i want to say im new here so WHATS GOOD? lol .
how old is everyone in here? im 15
where yall from ? im from chicago .

what kind music do u listen 2? i like all kind of music.
who is your fav artist ? My fav artist now r rihanna and selena ( its tragic what happend to her isnt it? she could be still makin good music today if that crazy woman aint kill her :( .

(in case yall wonderin who dat is in my "avatar pic" its selena .)

well the other day( firday) i went to my doctor and brought up about me possibly having social phobia .. i been experiencing all the symptoms 4 bout 2 years but i was 2 afraid 2 say sumthin .
so on fri i talked to my phycatrist(sp?) and he said yes that sounded like social phobia and he gave me a medication called lLexapro........
is anyone else here on lexapro?
how well do it work?
if you arent on lexapro den wat u on?
do it work?

redlady

Hello and welcome, can i just call you 'cookie' - i like it :D
Well i am 26 and from the land of Oz.
I just want to say well done for speaking up and reaching out for help - that was very courageous - i know how hard it is to do, been there.
I have tried 3 different medications ( peroxetine, zoloft, lovan ) to no avail - i have actually been thinking of going on Lexapro myself. I will have to do some more reading on it though. Goodluck with it, i hope it works out for you.

Hellraising

Your name made me hungry, lol.

And no, I'm not on any treatment. Frankly, I don't think I want to have any treatment. I like to be this way.

4myself

Hello and welcome,

I take St Johns Wort to help with depression, which seems to be working pretty good so far. I also consider chatting on here to be an important part of my recovery.

sensitive

Hello cookie :p and welcome to here. well, i am on Seroxat since last year. I guess it works, i am better than i used to be.

Now i live in Yemen, i am just here for 3 weeks, used to be in Kuwait (originally from Somalia) i miss my home. i am 20y male i guess this is enough :D .

sammmm

BO! im on cipralex, its an antidepressant and anti anxiety aswell. Been on it for 2months and its helping alot. it basically takes away the fear, so talking to people and doing everyday things is alot easier. im only 3 so im the youngest, RAAARRR

Hurricane

SHYoreoCOOKIE4U said:
WELLIM ON LEXAPRO AND I DUNNO HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE 2 START WORKING

at least 3 weeks upto sometimes 2 months, and maybe it doesn't work at all...

I'm 19 and I live in Belgium, but I'm planning on moving to the land of Oz so I can spy on redlady
and as for medication I'm on....(I'll edit this later when I have looked at the box how it's called)

redlady

Hurricane wrote:

I'm 19 and I live in Belgium, but I'm planning on moving to the land of Oz so I can spy on redlady

Well when you get here let me know and i will give you my address and we will work out a schedule - some days are better than others and i wouldn't want you to get bored or anything :p

Hurricane

redlady said:
Hurricane wrote:

Well when you get here let me know and i will give you my address and we will work out a schedule - some days are better than others and i wouldn't want you to get bored or anything :p

will do! :wink:

Mandy-Chan

i've been on many things, but currently i'm on Zoloft-250mg, and i realy dont think its working. i would like to be on tranqulizers, but my docter sais there too addicting. so i'm in a pit right now about meds.

But i know one thing that works: ambian i take a dose of that and i'm in dreamland with all the flying cows :lol: