What to do?

Moonie

I just needed to vent. I know this is dumb, but my first true love has a date tonight. And supposedly, they have been dating for a couple days now. I try to laugh, try not to care, but it really is so finalizing for me. We have been on-off for the last couple of years (had a good relationship for the first 2 years .. went down hill after that.) I guess I always thought I could rely on him. As a friend, or someone who would be there. Maybe I thought that he was never interesting in dating. And we would get together again.

I try to pretend that I like other people. And I do have other prospective mates, but nothing that has progressed. Mainly because I am too depressed/dead/scared to even try to get into another relationship. I feel bad. They are nice. But, I am in a stage of pushing people away- more than usual.

Do you think I should try and develop a relationship with someone right now? Or do you think I should find myself and sort my life out first? I have been jumping into relationship after relationship since 2004. Maybe it's time to get back to me? WDYT?

ENTERT8NER

Hi Mooney...

I can only speak for myself. I've realised that I need to focus on myself and learn to love myself before I can get involved in a relationship. So yeah I think you should just get your stuff together first then try to venture into a relationship. But that's just my advise...

I also think that once you do this perhaps just perhaps your true love will find you more attractive and irresistable. Not to metion sometimes it does take people to date others to really realise that the person they truley love is just around the corner.

:)

MC_Radi

I think you should give people a chance. It sounds like you are still in love with this special person. Thats fine, but everyone has to move on. If you dont allow yourself to be happy with someone else then how can you ever progress? Take things slow, but dont block people out in fear of getting hurt. Love is a great feeling, and who would want a life without love?