What the hell is my issue?

Koime

Alright so I'm a shy guy. I guess I am. I've been deemed this for..forever. I thought maybe it was anxiety but I don't think so anymore, because I'd probably KNOW it if it was. Over the years it's taken it's tole on me and there's a mix of shyness, avoidance, and depression that constructs my personality. Sometimes I take a step outside and take in the air and think I want people to share this with me, I want to laugh alongside others who I am comfortable around and who WANT to hang out with me and WANT to talk to me. I've been in situations before where I could meet people but is it wrong to be picky about who you think you'll hit it off with? I'm in the country and near small towns where I don't really share the same interests as anyone that I know of, so it's like i'm an alien among humans. Only the humans aren't at all interested in me like they would be a real alien. I just don't see how people make so many friends when I can't find anyone who I like enough and who likes me enough. This must be an issue that lies more on my half.

You sound like me, I just can't understand my issues, it feels like I'm the only person on earth like this. You probably have AvPD.

jaim38

I'm also trying to figure out what my issue is. I come off as very dead-pan and can't seem to smile at people, even when I try to force myself. Sometimes I don't respond quickly when people yell or say things to me. I've done this several times. I don't know if I'm just slow or maybe I just don't feel like talking. I feel like a failure today.

Koime

You sound like me, I just can't understand my issues, it feels like I'm the only person on earth like this. You probably have AvPD.

What's AvPD? It's good to know there are others like this who just don't really understand themselves.
Nevermind just looked it up. Should've been obvious. Yeah, I'm sure I really do.

I'm also trying to figure out what my issue is. I come off as very dead-pan and can't seem to smile at people, even when I try to force myself. Sometimes I don't respond quickly when people yell or say things to me. I've done this several times. I don't know if I'm just slow or maybe I just don't feel like talking. I feel like a failure today.

-patpat-
Yeah I feel you there. I sometimes wanna say something and nothing comes out. Especially like at work. I want to help the cook or ask if someone needs help but I just can't do it. Or they make small talk and I just can't engage them much a lot of the times. Some times are better than others. I don't really get it either.

Last edited:

Bronson99

Always worth looking into Asperger's. You can have it mildly, in which case it can only be self-diagnosed. You might be able to get your therapist to say "you have a few traits" but that's as far as they'll go.

I believe I have it mildly, but I'm very tangled, I've got ADD and anxiety, and don't know what the heck is going on.