What pisses you off and How to help yourself

cowboyup

I know that my SA has been getting worse - I know some of the main causes and I know what I should be doing about it.

But when someone you talk with and trust with your issues with dealing with depression, anxiety, SA...and they regurgitate what you already know you should be doing to help yourself, then you start to get really pissed off.

Why is that?

You know deep down they are for the most part, right on target as to trying to give you a swift kick in the butt to get going and doing, etc. but yet you feel mad, angry and all they are doing is trying to help.

So, how does one get unstuck from the endless days and nights of not going out and doing something, anything, even if it is going to the park, out to eat, and stop making excuses?

Usual questions, I know...just would like to hear how others have helped themselves because I honestly want to help myself but I make excuses, close myself off from other people, you know the usual stuff.

Lilly789

I don't actually have an issue with the endless days and nights of not going out or seeing others. I could, and have gone for MONTHS without seeing a single person, and I don't really care. Other people are the ones who seem to have a problem with me doing this.

But, I think there's a lot of reasons why people do what you've described -

1. they are immature and just not the brightest. Someone directing anger towards an external person for something they are doing (or not doing) themselves, demonstrates poor insight, and is just, well.. dumb (and really poor form).

2. they fail to see that change needs to come from themselves.. OR.. or know but are unable to activate this change themselves, and get frustrated.

3. deep down, the person has become "comfortable" with their problems, or the ability to whine about them, and doesn't really want to or is not ready to change, and doesn't want to keep hearing about it from others. Their issues, in the worst cases, become a part of their culture or identity.

4. its frustrating to hear people tell you the same old things that you've already tried that simply don't work (IF you've already tried the things the person is telling you). It shows they really DONT understand the situation, you or your feelings, at all.