What medications improve your personality?

SocialRetahd

I am curious if anyone has found a medication that has improved their personality, or made it easier for them to come out of their shell. Even if the drug had some terrible side effect for you.

I am also curious which drugs made you think clearer....

I will give you my take on all the medications I have taken...

Paxil:
-very energetic at times, drowsy at others.
-no fear of people
-slight fear of public speaking
-inhibition of creative thinking
-better at school

Zoloft:
Same as Paxil, but when i came off I was never the same.

Wellbutrin:
Absolutely nothing except clearer thinking process.

Lexapro:
-Fear of people lessoned.
-Depression became worse.

Effexor:
-Slight increase in energy
-Trouble concentrating

okkamsrazor

Thats quite a list SocialRetahd!
I haven't taken much except Cipramil so I guess I cant say. Except Cipramil really screwed my thought processes & made me less sharper. As you know im takin those herbal pills but unfortunately it doesnt seem that the Anxiety Support blend I switched to a month back is having any effect :( The depression blend worked wonders tho :D
ps how old are you?

SocialRetahd

I'm 22, and I'm currently taking lamictal. I know that some people started to like me when I was on effexor, but not too much. I have to STOP worrying about winning everyones approval.

gulfTEX

Well, since you stated some w/horrible side effects---I was recently prescribed Depakote E.R.. m.d. SAID we would use it as a mood/personality stabilizer. Long,long list of side effects w/ monthly valporic acid levels required. i have tried all meds. you listed w/ little to know improvement noted.

okkamsrazor

SocialRetahd said:
I'm 22, and I'm currently taking lamictal. I know that some people started to like me when I was on effexor, but not too much. I have to STOP worrying about winning everyones approval.
:mrgreen:
Damn right bro! B'sides everyone is wanting each others approaval.
But seriously thats amazing, SR - im 29 and all ive had is Ritalin and Cipramil, and given a course on hypnotherapy which didnt work and sum alternative therapies - massage, acupunture etc, which seemed to work but only short term.
I guess in the uk docs are less likely to prescribe meds. With some of them its like getting blood out of a stone!
Currently im considering Propanalol as my next scooby snack, just hope my doc is feeling merciful. :wink:

SocialRetahd

SSRI's are dopamine inihibitors. Dopamine is associated with creative thinking.

Some says that SSRI's permanently damage the dopamine neurotransmitters (brain damage), causing emotional bluntness and lack of creativity.

dopamine also are important for memory and cognitive thinking.

In other words, SSRI's are poison.

SilentType

Banned
I've had a lot of success with clonazepam and propanolol. Clonazepam keeps my mind from racing too fast, therefore improving my personality in that I can carry on conversations with other people without having panic attacks and racing thoughts. Propanlol helps in the fact that it slows the release of adrenaline into my bloodstream so that "fight or flight" response doesn't come about so often. This is just my experience, but I'm on a path to wellness right now and life is good for me at this point.

No medication can solve this illness. They can only help. A strong will to beat this illness is the number one thing that will get you over it. If you make it a point to get out every day and keep yourself relaxed (whether it takes meds, controlled breathing, etc.), then you will eventually find that the outside world is not as bad as you've made it out to be in your mind. There are a lot of wonderful things out there to see and do. It's never too late to beat SA. You just need to look it in the eye and take it on in small steps just like any other phobia.

Peace