What is the miracle drug for you?

Ehsan

I've tried several meds(Prozac,Celexa,Zoloft,Klonopin,Welbutrin) so far, but none of them did anything for me. Klonopin works better than others but its effectiveness diminishes very rapidly and doesn't work in long terms.
I havn't paid so much for them but i think i've wasted lots of time on them.
What is the the best drug you have ever tried?

Patrick123

Tranxene SD. Hands down, the best drug available. My doctor was going to prescribe me Klonopin, but he opted for the relative-drug, which works for up to 36 hours. I take one at the beginning of my day, and most of my days are panic-free, although it is by no means a solution to my problems...

*It's difficult to find, though. I had to go to 4 different pharmacies... Expensive, too -$295.00 without insurance. Thank god my insurance pays a hefty sum, leaving me with an $18.00 tab. 8)

jamie99

Klonopin really worked for me, sad thing is i'm out of it and i dont think the doc will prescribe me anymore. Tomorrow will be my first day without it in 1 1/2 years, i will probably go back to my old panicky ways and that scares the hell out of me.

SilentType

Banned
I've been on Klonopin or Xanax over the past 2-3 years as the sole treatment for my panic disorder, but I wouldn't call it a miracle drug by any means...

Peace

Lea

Banned
Miraculous drug...I don´t take any chemical medicaments, but once I was by a doctor in Germany who does chinese medicine and he prescribed me homeopatic iron, Ferrum Metallicum D12 in tablets. I didn´t take it first because I didn´t believe it. After a long time I found it and took it and I felt surprisingly good, like I had a lot of energy. Was it this iron? I don´t know. But I didn´t have it since because I can´t get it in our country.
Sorry if you don´t mind I write a bit off topic, because it wasn´t for social phobia.
Yeah and I like Tramal, which is an opioid painkiller. It calms and relaxes my nerves so much. But I only take it when I really have pain, I don´t want to misuse it.

recluse

I've only been on Citalopram but i find it helps me a lot. It makes me much more relaxed and makes me more talkative.

StonedBob

I'm taking Citalopram , mainly for depression. It's just helping me a very little bit with my SA (my anxiety has decreased a little bit).

DRUGS ARENT THE ANSWER
Sabbath9 said:
The answer for me has been Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). No drugs needed.

I think the same as Lexmark and Sabbath9: drugs will help you to feel better, to decrease your anxiety but it won't overcome it. The best solution would be (in my opinion) therapies, because they deal (at least some of them) also with the underlying problems at the origin of your SA and not only with anxiety itself.