What is the main obstacle in your way towards recovery

Jacky1980

In the following days, I will spare some my leisure time to post some threads for all the social phobia sufferers in this forum to do self-help. Today I want to say something about the main obstacle.

sense of social phobia
How to comprehend such a phrase, it means if you believe you have social phobia, then you really have social phobia, if you never have that kind of thoughts, however many social phobia symptoms you have, you will never have social phobia. Here I must emphasize that “social phobia” and “social phobia symptom” are 2 completely different conceptions. Let me give you an example, back in my university, I had very severe social phobia, I never dared to show my real self, always wearing a mask, pretended to be brave, strong and talktive, but it made me very very tired and more and more timid. But I have a classmate, at first I thought he was also a very severe social phobia sufferer like me, because he shew very obvious symptoms: blush, tremble, stutter……even more severe than me I thought, but I was wrong, he never had social phobia, he never wear a mask but show the real himself whereever he is, if he blushed, jut let himself blush, if he trembled, just let himself tremble……so without fighting the nature, as time went by, he naturally became more and more confiecent and talktive, it was real confidence rather that the fruit of pretense. Because I was always pretending, so however mush I exposed or pretended, I would never rid myself of inconfidence deep in my heart, becauce I was always fighting the nature, human being will never defeat the nature, surrend to the nature, you will have a peaceful mind.
So friends. Actually there is no social phobia in this world, it is an outcome of over attention to yourself, if you believe you have social phobia and you must cure it before you live a normal life, you will never escape from the hell, just live the normal life as normal people do, with a real self, you will see the sunshine.

That’s all for today, next time I will write something about how to correctly expose yourself

tommydog

I think theres alot of value on what your saying.

If you believe youl win, your right, and if you believe you fail, your right aswell.

And i think letting its take its course and not sweating it is good advice too, but thats probably easier said that done.

I know a guy that did let it take its course. He didnt have sp, but he was a nerd back in school. I just saw him on myspace the other week and were catching up soon.

Well this guy, we were friends, id hang out with my boys mostly but also i would with him, and id even go over his place on the weekends sometimes a good guy.

Anyhow, seen him on myspace, and i couldnt believe it was him. He looks great and far from a nerd. Even pictures of him at clubs and getting onto hot chicks. Now this bloke he just let it take its course, thats what he did, and now his doing great.

Now an example about what you beleive is how its gonna be. When i believe im gonna fuck something up at work, if im thinking "this is probably gonna be fucked, ill probably have to fix it" while im doing it, its always wrong im always right, sure enough its wrong and i have to fix it.

Over a few months at this job, i worked out that when im confident, my mistakes become few and far between. Im doin it, im think'n ok im all over this and theres not chance anything will be wrong, there it is, i rarely screw up.

Its all in the attitude and belief.

AngelsTears85

I think this is a really difficult issue…While I believe that yes it is an attitude and belief…and that if you think you will fail or succeed you will…I think that relates more to getting better and overcoming this…

But I have trouble with the thinking you don’t have SP so therefore you don’t…My sister said to me once that if I didn’t know that I had SP that I would be fine and just get on with my life…My answer to her was, was I fine before I found out?...No I wasn’t functioning let alone functioning well…It got to a stage that I couldn’t leave the house at all and I didn’t know what was “wrong” with me. I was crying a lot and I lost my friends and got pretty depressed…

After I was diagnosed I went into counselling and now have worked through some stuff and am slowly getting better…If I had never found out what I had and what could be done to help how could I expect to get better…The confusion alone I feel would have drove me insane…Also if you believed that you didn’t have cancer but had all the symptoms do you not still have cancer and with out acknowledgment and subsequently treatment would you surely not die from it?

I don’t know just something that I was thinking about after my conversation with my sister

TAMPA-BAY

My main obstacle to recovery is putting all the advise and informations that I have atained in to every day practice.

I have read a million books and have heard all sorts of stratigies on how to change; but when the time comes to convert what I learned into action, most of the time I choke.

Its like in a split second my mind returns to the old inefficent ways of thinking and looking at things. Its like all those new years resolutions we all made this year. We realy want to but some how the old habits returns like an adiction. I guess old things are familar and safe.

slapstick

:D I know exactly what your talkin about Jackie. I too have noticed increasing confidence lately by just letting it be, so to speak. I normally would mask my true self so that I was happy with the image of what I thought people liked in me.

What I mean by my fakeself is that as a kid, I was reasonably shy, but I didnt notice myself to be you see, until everybody I knew called me the shy one in the family. Now my fake self.. was probably a result of me trying to prove to everybody that I wasn't shy anymore, this however most likely lead to my social phobia among other minor things..

Now I realised that my true self is just as good as my fake self only different. I want you to leave some other hints please keep em coming..!

Laters! :oops: 8) :cry: :)

rado31

I always knew that so-called "social phobia" doesnt exists.

And even this site....with this horrible -it cant be any worse- design..

This cant be real for sure..
:?