What Have You Learned From This Forum?

peterj

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.

Interested in getting your feedback, on what you have learned from this forum so far?

Thanks,

Peter

AM

I've learned that some people are willing to help themselves change and others seem to want to remain wallowing as they find that they have no hope. This is the vibe I get.

I think this forum helped me initially realising that there are other people out there who are going through the same thing. Especially with symptoms. If you're someone who suffers from panic attacks it's definitely empowering as sometimes those symptoms make you think you're dying. I can also help stop a panic attack with this knowledge.

coriander1992

I've learned that some people are willing to help themselves change and others seem to want to remain wallowing as they find that they have no hope. This is the vibe I get.

Got it in one there.

bleach

Banned
- Social phobia usually co-exists with a number of other disorders which are linked to it, if not caused by it.
- mental health services are largely fraudulent, failed institutions that are concerned more with covering their own asses than curing patients.
- There is nothing, absolutely zero positive aspects of being social phobic, and the longer you have it, the more harm it does to your life.

kyle

Banned
bleach said:
- Social phobia usually co-exists with a number of other disorders which are linked to it, if not caused by it.
- mental health services are largely fraudulent, failed institutions that are concerned more with covering their own asses than curing patients.
- There is nothing, absolutely zero positive aspects of being social phobic, and the longer you have it, the more harm it does to your life.

I've learned that bleach is obsessed with me. He has already sent me a dozen PM's asking me what color of underwear I'm wearing...

Darkened

peterj said:
Hi Guys,
Interested in getting your feedback, on what you have learned from this forum so far?

For me, the forum is good to get some feelings out, because there is a lot of people here with the same issues. It feels good to know that you can share private experiences without the high level of exposure to critics.

You have the Chat too, but that was a mixed thing for me. At the beginning I felt quite good in knowing some new people, but I never really felt "inside" the normal group there and I just don't know what to say to people, I'm terrible at conversations. Some newer users started to arrive and started to get inside the group way more successfully and I feel pretty hopeless with that and a little bit depressed. Not their fault, of course, but I try to avoid the Chat now, it drags me down when I go there.

Despite that, I recommend you the Chat anyway, the regular users are great persons. :wink:

JP81

bleach said:

This has been a strong theme for me.

I originally came to this forum as a hyperhidrosis sufferer, but some of the symptoms described from this and other subforums on here actually directly relate to the problem in some way. It's one big puzzle.

Lexmark

I think all i have learned is new things that fuk with my head
My mind takes on anything negative