What do you think?

bashfulgirl

I've gotten so many great ideas on this site and should feel good, but I seem to be stuck. I wondered if people have any thots about the thing that keeps me from getting better. I've had social phobia since I was born. I was angry and afraid all the time and never interacted with anyone. I hid behind my Mom and sis all the time and my thots were all fear and anxiety so I never developed any ability to joke, talk, interact with people. When I wasn't crying, I was hiding in my room. Even my own family made me nervous since I didn't have anything to say to them either. I'm talking age 2 on til now. The problem that seems to keep me in anxiety nonstop is that as strange as it may sound there is no me--whatever personality I was to have was squashed never to be brot out because of all the constant fear from the beginning. I get out and do things but am always anxious and never feel comfortable.
First does anyone get what I'm saying about not having much personality? Second, how do you fix it? :?

Shonen_Yo

Your personality is for the most part shaped by outside infleunces. If you would like to find help into whom you truly are, I suggest you put yourself in a comfortable position and contemplate on what makes you happy and what abilities you may think you have.

Predacon

Shonen_Yo said:
Your personality is for the most part shaped by outside infleunces. If you would like to find help into whom you truly are, I suggest you put yourself in a comfortable position and contemplate on what makes you happy and what abilities you may think you have.

Totally agree. Everyone has a personality you just have to think about what the best parts of your personality are and try to make them more visible so that you become more confident being yourself.

styrka

I'm pretty sure you have a personality. its just that you're so anxious around other people that you never give yourself a chance to just be yourself. you have hidden yourself so well from other people that you don't even know who you trully are. that's my guess because that's what I feel happens with me. and I feel the same way you do especially with conversational skills. I was sooooo quiet all the time I feel I didn't develop proper conversational skills. but I do have a personality. when I"m anxious and with more than 3 people or with people I don't feel comfortable with, my personality seems to vanish away. but when I'm with someone who I feel very comfortable with (there's very few people in my life like that) then I become me. I feel I can be myself and I'm not worried about being judged.
maybe you have a friend, a relative, someone you like as a person, someone who has been nice to you and treated you as a human being, someone you feel comfortable with. try to find someone like that, then see how you act with that person. don't force it, don't think too much, relax and let your inner beauty flow.
I'm sure you have beautiful things to offer to the world. :D