What do you think is more effective way to get rid of Social Phobia?

What do you think is more effective way to get rid of Social Phobia?

• Going to therapy

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Taking medicine

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Going to therapy and taking medicine

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Taking care of it myself

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

Beany

Going out and practicing interacting with strangers.
It's the most effective solution for me so far, despite being very scary. But interacting with people is the demon I need to face.

this_portrait

I was going to vote for going to therapy, but then therapy doesn't work if you yourself don't put the effort into getting better. Therapy may be a good motivator, but it can't do the work for you.

As for medication, I don't see much of anything positive about it. I've never taken it before, nor do I plan on ever taking it. Sure, it's supposed to help lessen your anxiety, but then that's not you putting in the effort, that's the pill doing it for you. A pill can only get rid of something temporarily. No offense to anyone who takes meds, though; I'm just stating my opinion.

So to sum it up, getting the courage to face your fears and taking care of it yourself is probably the most effective to me. Do I always practice what I preach? Nope, but I'm trying.

Skatergirl

Banned
I think therapy would be the best way. But taking meds can be good too.
So i voted for therapy and taking medicines.

K

king crackers

i dont know yet im still trying to deal with it but the guy that said talking to complete strangers sounds like he's on the right path..... thanx buddy

K

kingcrackers

I was going to vote for going to therapy, but then therapy doesn't work if you yourself don't put the effort into getting better. Therapy may be a good motivator, but it can't do the work for you.

As for medication, I don't see much of anything positive about it. I've never taken it before, nor do I plan on ever taking it. Sure, it's supposed to help lessen your anxiety, but then that's not you putting in the effort, that's the pill doing it for you. A pill can only get rid of something temporarily. No offense to anyone who takes meds, though; I'm just stating my opinion.

So to sum it up, getting the courage to face your fears and taking care of it yourself is probably the most effective to me. Do I always practice what I preach? Nope, but I'm trying.
i feel the same way

B

bratz

i think the solution is going out meeting people,make a new friend everyday and be least bothered about wht others say or think.