What do you take and does it work?

nelson09raul

I've been taking some medicine as per the direction of my doc for over a year and a half now.( I don’t want to name the pills as it worked initially ). At first it kind of worked, it cleared the horrible "black cloud" from my head (I always call it a "black cloud" when people ask!), made it easier for me to think. But it didn't make me happier or anything, I know that's for me to work on over time, I've been taking the pills for so long now and my life has come full circle, I feel almost as bad now as I did when starting them! What do you take and is it working for you, do you notice a difference?

IceLad

Hello nelson09raul, and welcome to the site! :)

I'm currently on 80mg of propranolol (prolonged-release capsules). They seem to be working i.e I panic and get anxious noticeably less, but along with other medications, they are by no means a miracle cure. (If only there was such a thing as a miracle cure- what I would do for that!)

In my opinion, the important thing when tackling SP, is to focus on changing your thought patterns pernamently through something like CBT.

Its generally thought that a combination of medication and CBT is the best way to overcome SP, but its by no means the only way e.g. hynotherapy

zack_jonathan

I had taken a course a year back. It’s Theramood product. It worked very good for me and I believe it has given me some long lasting results as I feel mentally relieved and elevated even today. You may find a suitable product at their site theramood.com. I tried a bunch of meds before and the placebo effects of those didn't last very long.

prince1

Im currently on a low dose of paxil and that seems to be helping, plus 'Rescue Remedy' which is non prescription. Im not currently satisfied with the results as its probely only calming my anxiety by 20% but better than nothing i suppose.
I am also trying my own method of tackling my SA and will post a thread if i find it succesfull.