What do you take and does it work?

robbied84

I've been taking 40mg citroprolam (sp?) for over a year and a half now. At first it kind of worked, it cleared the horrible "black cloud" from my head (I always call it a "black cloud" when people ask!), made it easier for me to think. But it didn't make me happier or anything, I know that's for me to work on over time, I've been taking the pills for so long now and my life has come full circle, I feel almost as bad now as I did when starting them! :( What do you take and is it working for you, do you notice a difference?

I'm not taking anything, but I am using ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy). And I feel a lot better. I still get depressed and anxious but I struggle with it a lot less. I've tried a bunch of meds before and the placebo effects of those didn't last very long. I've been learning about ACT for about a year and a half now, and I'm making lots of progress.

witchblade

I would not be suprised if you have built up a tolerance. It happened to me with Zoloft. I would ask you doctor if you could try something else. There are so many out there. They will probably slowly cut down your current dose and try another med. They gave me luvox and geodon and they didnt work for me...Lets face it, its trial and error.

When I had my first Major Depressive episode, I was put on Zoloft. I did it for about 2 years and was built up to 300 mg every day because of my Trichotillomania. It definately helped in the beggining, because I was in really bad shape. Not getting out of bed, not eating, bad hygiene, and focusing on death and and the meaninglessness of my life. It saved me from my doom and gloom days. No medicine has helped me with the ODC/Trich/chronic disorganization.

My doc wanted to put me on Lexapro, but my insurance at the time would not cover it so the closest generic was 40mg citroprolam. I think it helpfulness was minimal for me at best. A couple of months ago I stoped taking it because I lost my insurance. Right now I am not taking any anti-depressants and occassionaly take Trazodone for sleep and Niravam for anxiety. I probably should go back on buy I am trying to get insurance and find new therapists because I need to make more progress. I just cant depend on the meds alone.

Emma

I took Zoloft for seven years and it worked well...until I forgot to take it....then I went off the deep and end and started doing crazy stuff like trying to jump off high buildings.....I'm actually much better off without it, I don't have any crazy thoughts now since I stopped it.

:oops:

LittleMissScareAll

I don't take anything cause it doesn't work. Medicine just makes you like a zombie who wants to do nothing but sleep. Or at least that's what it done for me.

loucat

i've been on prozac for 11 years on and off now up to 40mg seems to work for me, gets me out of the black then i stop taking it and get bad again

thugaveli

Ive been on various SSRI's in the past, and beta blockers, their not very effective for what they suppose to treat in my opinion but some of the side effects are immense i decided in the end ill keep my anxiety and depression rather than feeling sick every morning, feeling lethargic, back and leg muscles aching, insomnia and countless other side effects

Ive just been put back on sertraline for depression and ocd, i dont recommend it but i feel i needed something to help me cope, my mood might have lifted but my anxiety seems worser ive been taking 50mg for 2 weeks then upped to 100mg 3 days ago so maybe they havnt had time to work and get into my system

The second day i took the 50mg of sertraline i had this amazing effect, my vision went all slow motion, all of my thoughts had vanished and i could concentrate on what i was doing
The paranoia totally vanished i even went shopping! nothing crossed my mind, all the worry had gone i couldnt even think negativly if i tried!
I was conversating and responding without fear or panic it was out of this world

But the next day it all came back i was gutted, it was a nightmare i really thought i might have found something that worked but no :cry:

Back to square one