What do you most hate in a person?

GIOLANDA

What I most hate in somebody's character is: 1) Insincerity,meaning that they hide too many themselves or lie and that you can never know what they really think about you. 2) When somebody isn't correct and doesn't bring back thing on time or delays very much when meeting somewhere or breaks a promise. 3) And what I mainly hate it's ungratefulness. I get very angry when somebody doesn't know how to say "thank you" when you do something for them. I like helping people,but when I see an ungrateful person,I just get mad!

Quixote

I often feel irritated by the people around me (maybe they are noisy, or similar things), but it's a feeling of a moment, nothing serious. Apart from that I can honestly say that I never feel any persistent hatred towards anybody. The fact is I tend to analyze people's behaviour and try to figure out why they do what they do, what their rational motives and subconscious impulses are etc... Once you do, it all seems inevitable and mechanical, so to speak, while anger is aimed at free will, when we feel it is excercised in an unjust way. You can't hate the vase of flowers falling on your head from a balcony :)

This is not to say I'm insensitive to unjust treatment. I wish I was. As I said, I feel easily irritated, I can feel offended, and obviously I don't like being harmed in any way. But it's not very long lasting, normally.

Mary

I saw a program the other day where they made a good point about judging others: they said that when you point a finger at someone there are 3 pointing back at you! ( you know when you curl the 3 fingers as you point at someone else those 3 are pointing back at you)
However I also do it at times. Look at other people's faults and not my own. But I am asking God to help me w/that. And now when someone does something or acts in a way I don't like I try to understand why they are that way. If someone is a nasty person I think: what kind of life must they have had to have become that way. They must have really had it hard.
Also one of the greatest commandments in the bible is to love others as ourselves. And to let God be their judge as He is ours. He doesn't call us to judge people but to love them. Nobody is perfect and I know I would like to have a little mercy shown to me at times as well.

GIOLANDA

shredz02 said:
Question: if you hate people who judge doesn't that mean you are judging them?
Not necessarily. I think it's different. Imagine,you hear sb judging the others and then you say: I hate this person,cause he judges. You're just telling his negative features,but you're not judging him. Judging is when you always care about ppl personalities and actions and discuss them with others too.
Also,Mary,I like it that you're so kind with others. I know that it's not good to hate ppl,but I just get mad when I see ppl with the things I described. I can't control this.

boodizm

Vanity and arrogance. People who think they are worth more than others, they may have more money/achievements/whatever but they are no 'richer' than the next person.

HughJass

I try not to hate people, just traits, but in some people those traits are so overwhelming that I feel I hate the person. Different people seem to see different traits in the same person though, so while I may feel I hate a person, another has fallen in love with them. Go figure.

GIOLANDA

HughJass said:
I try not to hate people, just traits, but in some people those traits are so overwhelming that I feel I hate the person. Different people seem to see different traits in the same person though, so while I may feel I hate a person, another has fallen in love with them. Go figure.
Yes,what you said about different traits is really true. This happens cause ppl seem to behave in a different way with different persons. If they had a nice behaviour,everything would be ok.

SYNAPSE

I hate when people aim for mediocrity; I feel revolt whenever people automatically frown at someone being different - for being different - without any real analysis on whether that difference is for better or worse. I'm sickened by it and by the fact just so many people will go out of their way to hurt someone just because that person has chosen to think for himself and/or to do something that happens not to be the most idiotically usual thing in the local culture. I used to think that it didn't happen between adults but it does and it's pathetic. . .

someoneelse

It is not difficult to find some trait in someone else that you dislike if you look long enough. I usually find people who I think are nosy, and prejudice irritating. I am sure there are people who fine me irritating as well. If I find myself irritating at times then others probably do too.