What do you do to help move on from anxiety episodes?

SilentAndShy

Hi,

My wife and children have bore the brunt of anxiety episodes, including my mood swings, and previously we talked about writing my emotions down after an episode that might help her understand as I find it impossible to talk about it to share and move on. That hasn't happened, it takes 2-3 days to finally talk about it and then after apologising, we move on.

Recently, after an episode, I wondered what I could do to help me clear the anxiety and I mentioned going for a walk on my own (difficult with young kids to escape sometimes lol) or I'm unhappy with my weight so have thought about exercise but slightly self-concious on going running but just interested what other people, who might be in a better space with their anxiety, to move on from an episode or a moment.

Thank you

SilentAndShy

So, it appears me that going for a walk doesn't work as I end up thinking about what I'm anxious about, driving a car constantly gets me anxious. I haven't tried writing things down but I could do with a punchbag at home perhaps lol

akala

Tell people that care about them like their relatives to see what you can do as a group.