What do I tell my friends when I do start talking ?

Shyguy4

One thing I always have thoughts about is what i'm going to tell everbody what I was going through. There was this one time where I had a breakthrough and I started to talk to a stranger which was a big step because I was going through some anxiety but after I started talking it felt like the biggest relief I ever felt in my life in a LONG! time and everything came rushing back to me on how to socialize I thought i was cured.. it was wierd but great! and one thing ruined it .........

After I started talking the person I was talking to noticed I wasn't talking earlier when I used to be around him with my brother which was one time at a mall and I was highly anxious.... So i'm talking to this guy I don't even know and inside I feel relieved and happy because I feel like I overcame my social anxiety and then boom! he makes a comment that sends me back to my shell for another couple months(this took place about two months ago and haven't had a breakthrouh like this yet)

The thing he said was " Why Dont you talk?"
it hit me so hard that I don't think I even answered the question. seriously!!. I felt so embarrased that when he asked me that question I acted like I didn't hear what he said and not even seconds after that i went in to anxiety mode and I was quiet for most of the day.
I hope one day I can overcome my anxiety like this day that took place ...sometimes I just wish he would kept that question to himself I probably would have been cured because it was almost like I became me again like that whole caring about what people think about me no longer existed and talking to people was not a big deal and it seemed true (it was like a vibe that I felt not really a knowledge.) but for some reason even though I know what it feels like to see things in a new light the anxiety still presents itself in social situations.

I know now that someday I will have a breakthough again its just a matter of time but when I do i'm not ready to have people interrogate me on why I was this way I hate it when they ask me why I am so quiet or why I didn't talk its almost embarrasing because when I had my breakthrough I realized how easy talking was (It really was!) but I know they won't understand that my anxiety made it harder..even right now I don't even talk to my close friends or my sisters even knowing what I know now!(CRAZY HOW ANXIETY CAN BE)

It would be cool if you guys could give me some advice on what I can say to people who ask me Why I dont talk, or why I used to be so quiet without having to tell them about anxiety because most people can't comprehend that unless they themselves have social anxiety which then I doubt they would be asking me anything hahaha :D

it is hard, once it hits you its plays havoc when your trying to talk to someone

best thing to do is before you go upto your friend or whoever, just prepare some questions like
how are you? what have you been upto?or if he/she is eating something ask hows that tasting? or if have got something new ask them about it, just basic questions and once they answer back you should be an auto pilot :lol:

Shyguy4

That's actually interesting you said that because I didn't need that when I started to talk I let it go naturally.. the hard part for me is explaining why I couldnt talk before.. I think its what keeps me from talking most of the time