What class do you hate the most, in school?

Anyone hate gym? Like really, truly, hate it? I will do anything I possibly can to avoid gym class. Not because I'm not athletic or anything, but because it's the only subject that revolves around social interaction.

playthepsychedelic

gym
I hate it when we play teamsports, I'm bound to be the last one chosen.
I don't know why, but the gym lessons seem to be the perfect excuse for my "friends" to show me once again who are the real popular ones, and who aren't really. Maybe they feel better than me because they are more athletic...stupid machos :roll:

^I see where you're coming from. Luckily at my school the teacher didn't let us make our own teams for just that reason

As for my least favorite subject, it was english...boring as hell lol

chris87

Even though I'm a decent athlete, I never liked gym. We always had to do this fitness testing, and we would have to go one by one. It was so embarrassing having to do pull-ups with the rest of the class watching you. We also had to do the high jump once, and I was so worried about looking dumb in front of everyone. Not to mention when we would play kickball, which seemed like all the time. I used to get nervous, because I didn't want a ball to come to me. I'd be so afraid that I'd make a bad play and the rest of the class would be mad (or they'd laugh at me).

English. I enjoy reading, but hate writing. It's really tough for me to put things into words. I started composition I two days ago and my first paper is due Tuesday. It's supposed to be about "the best thing about you". I don't think I could imagine a more difficult topic to write about =\

Shinigami

Yep I agree Englsih was the worst for me, although I didnt mind the writing but I hated the speaking both reading a paragraph, verse of a poem anything.

But the ulimate horror for me was public speaking of my pet goldfish Flourence or having to debate the advantages of the congestion charge of which I knew very little about. *Shudders*

I remember this one time I had to pretend to be Mr. Bennet (From Pride and Prejudice) being interviewed by another guy posing as Johnathon Ross. That was awful, especially so that I was being recorded on video camera and after the interview being showed close ups of my face and hearing me fumbling over every other word all over again in magnificant surround sound was horrible.

Moonie

I actually liked gym in HS- because it was so easy to pass! All you had to do was dress in your gym clothes everyday. And, I will admit, they changed the gym curriculum around and made it very relaxing for the students.

The only class I truly loathed was Public Speaking. I can handle oral presentations (if there is only 1 or 2) but a whole class full of them is just plain ridiculous! I truly, truly, believe that public speaking is almost like a talent (like singing or acting or something.) It doesn't matter how much you study, if you don't have a natural knack for it, you just won't exceed. I can go on and on about why public speaking is unfair as a required course. Even if an art class is required in a college, you can still do well in art history without having to make art. There should be a public speaking history course, too.

I stink at math and sciences, but I don't hate them. I can do well in them if I try and study hard, but I will never be a whiz :)

Benatom

I hate having to do labs in chemistry class because I'm always left without a partner. Then everyone starts making fun of you.

I hated going to lunch. I never wanted to meet knew people, or sit and socialize with them. so i went the whole school year with out eating lunch. all I did was listen to music in the library.

Rorschach

Well gym, off course....
The pressure when everybody's watching you is fucking unbearable...
I always get the shivers and than I can't do the thing I'm supposed to do the way it's supposed to be done and then everybody laughs at me and all that doesn't actually help me to deal with SA.....

decadeOfSA

Simple_guy_VT said:
I hated going to lunch. I never wanted to meet knew people, or sit and socialize with them. so i went the whole school year with out eating lunch. all I did was listen to music in the library.

I used to do that, but I read books instead

Dave_McFadden

My least favorite class was art class. Always. No matter what grade I was in. I still can't draw even a straight line to save my life, my hands always shook too much. I couldn't cut with scissors - the reason for that of course, is that I'm left-handed, obviously, and lefties are weird. So the five or so of us in the class got special "lefty" scissors that cut even WORSE than the regular ones. (Have any of the other "lefties" run across this?) And don't even get me started on using glue and paste. I guess art is supposed to be about a lot more than that but I could never get past that primitive level. I'm not "anti-art" but it was just never my cup of tea.

I didn't really like history and English literature either. I could memorize stuff OK, so that I could match "Romantic" and "reaction to Puritan thought" on the tests. Looking back, I probably didn't understand that stuff as much as I should - but does a 17-year old really care about the "enumerated items?" being taxed? Now, I care more about history, and like to think I know more about it than I did back then, and it makes more sense why taxing those particular items got people upset. As for literature, I just didn't have enough life experience to really appreciate what characters in novels or stories were going through. There's only so much you can understand about the star-crossed lovers before you've ever had a relationship yourself. And of course knowing the history helps you understand the references in the literature. So I did the minimum to get through the classes, but I wish I could have appreciated those particular subjects when I took them.

hbanana11

I hate any class where the teacher picks on you on purpose and constantly makes you do ridiculous things in front of the class....so for me, it would be my Spanish class.

strawberrybrunette

maths - not for an SA reason, but just because i hated it - sooo boring! I just managed to pass it by the skin of my teeth, but it was a close one - should have spent more time listening to the teacher, less time drawing anime characters all over my book.

and English sucked sometimes, doing drama work, or reading and presenting research in front of the class, because, obviously, it made me nervous as hell. But i've opted for two extra years of hell, because i'm taking English Lit as an A level now.

Art was and is my favourite.

Simple_guy_VT said:

Haha same as me. I ended up dropping all my lunch in high school and stayed in the library instead. And yes, I hated gym as well. I don't know I just don't feel comfortable. The fitness testing and the teamplaying was the worst although I survived it.

I'm so happy that I graduated high school (Class of 2008) this year and I'm done with it.

But you know, although I'm happy that I will not be coming back anymore I still regret some things.

Moonie

I couldn't cut with scissors - the reason for that of course, is that I'm left-handed, obviously, and lefties are weird. So the five or so of us in the class got special "lefty" scissors that cut even WORSE than the regular ones.

I feel you! I am also a lefty and those left-handed scissors are pure crap! I was always artistic, so I LOVED art. But, I hated working with those dumb special scissors and pencils- and what have you. I think it really screwed me up in kindergarten.