what brave or courageous things have you accomplished???

maggie

hey worrydoll...the brave things you have done :!: ....that took a lot of guts...and you guys who have travelled...especially to other countries...i wish i could do something like that

maggie

hey worrydoll...the brave things you have done :!: ....that took a lot of guts...and you guys who have travelled...especially to other countries...i wish i could do something like that

These are great to read! It reminds me that I haven't done anything to be proud of since finishing college and I should really get off my butt...

-proud to finish college as a single mom
-proud to go to college where every week we stood up and critiqued each others work (it was hell EVERY time-3 years!!)

abc1234

the bravest thing i have done resently was not caring what i look like any more before i used to be all hung on my hair and facial, and the cloths i wore.But as of resently i just stoped giving a fuck havent saved for awhile,let my hair grow out and just throw on anything i find on my floor and it feels great not to care any more

kiwi

The bravest thing I've done was to quit my job and go live in London for a year, by myself. This was back in '99.

It turned out okay, but looking back I don't know what I was thinking! 8O I don't think I could do something that big now...

I'm trying to think of some brave day-to-day things that I've done recently, but none spring to mind!

maggie

worrydoll said:
finishing college as a single parent is brilliant! i wish i had it in me to go to college.

not being a slave to what others think and wearing what you want is also good...and a really hard one. hmmm...

we can all be inspired....
.........ditto :!:

hoddesdon

I worked as a suit salesman and sold more than anyone else did. On my first day the supervisor said that he would be happy if I sold one per week (but not to me). I did have a big problem on that first day. The qualities that make you a good salesman are independent of social phobia.

After 28 years in the Australian Public Service I was targetted because of social phobia. That is, they decided they wanted to get rid of me for that reason. I made a disability discrimination complaint with the Human Rights Commission and won. Then I won my workers' compensation case - in discriminating, they had made me sick.

Noca

Banned
I did some interviews about my anxiety/depression, one with an MSNBC news reporter and another with an UK university.