What are some SA self-help books?

someoneelse

Just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations of books about SA or anxiety in general that has helped them. It has been awhile since I have read anything about it thinking that I know it so well but maybe someone has a new one that I have not read. I could always use new info.

tbaker818

It's funny - I've been big on personal growth the last three years and yet I've never actually read a book on SA. Are there any good ones out there?

Maarten

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe by Signe A dayhoff is the best book available on the subject according to the amazon.com reviews.

Good luck!

Maarten

blubs

I've never read anything specific to SA...but I have just started reading an introductory book about meditation. I'm finding it really helpful.

tbaker818

Check out http://www.centerpointe.com

I've been using their "technology enhanced meditation" (that's what I call it) for about 3 years now and I can tell you that it's a much quicker way to get results. It's the real deal.

There's even a 20 minute demo on the site. All you need is headphones.

SouthernBelle

GREAT BOOKS!

I have read some FANTASTIC books
Mind over Mood
Panic to Power
The Feeling Good Handbook

All EXCELLENT books which can be found on Amazon.com and worth a read. I cant remember all the authors, but they are all noted anxiety treatment counsellors. One lady, Lucinda Bassett, is head of the Anxiety Disorders association of America, once had fears of her own and overcame them so you can associate with her well.

Enjoy
Sarah

SouthernBelle

GREAT BOOKS!

I have read some FANTASTIC books
Mind over Mood
Panic to Power
The Feeling Good Handbook

All EXCELLENT books which can be found on Amazon.com and worth a read. I cant remember all the authors, but they are all noted anxiety treatment counsellors. One lady, Lucinda Bassett, is head of the Anxiety Disorders association of America, once had fears of her own and overcame them so you can associate with her well.

Enjoy
Sarah

TAMPA-BAY

Books on Social Phobia/Depression/OCD/Shyness/PTDS/GAD

Ive read almost a hundred books on this topic and 99% of them were garbarge which is where I threw most of them.

The few that I've kept are:

DYING OF EMBARRASSMENT Barbara G. Markway, C. Alec Pollard,
Cheryl Carmin (Authors)

PRISONERS OF BELIEF by Matthew McKay & Patrick Fanning

SOCIAL PHOBIA by John R. Marshall

WHEN PERFECT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH by Anthony & Swinson

Change Your Mind, Change Your World (Paperback) by Richard Gillett

Also for Books on
-Depression-OCD-Shyness-PTDS-GAD click the publisher link below

http://www.newharbinger.com

"Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy" by Dr. Steven C. Hayes is an awesome self-help workbook. Amazon.com has excerpts available for reading. There's also a Yahoo! group called "ACT_for_the_public" where the author offers advice if you get stuck while reading / implementing.

"Living Beyond Your Pain: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Ease Chronic Pain" by Dr. Joanne Dahl is also excellent.