Went flying today!

Neebo

Today was a very big day for me because after years and years of waiting my dream finally came true :D I went for a flying lesson in a microlight and it was just awesome!! :D The instructor let me fly it and I did really well! :) The instructor told me that I had actually completed the first step to getting my pilots license and that next time I could sit in the front of the aircraft and fly it even more! :) So I plan to go again sometime and work towards my pilots license. I'm so happy because its given me a confidence boost and now after flying at 2000 feet completely exposed to the wind,I feel like I can take on the world and really fight this SA/SP :)

aoao

oooh that's so cool. i love flying, i'd be a bit scared of piloting an aircraft though. haha. maybe if i learned more about it, i wouldn't be so scared. it just seems like so much on your shoulders. you have to get a big heavy thing off the ground and back safely 8O haha

paul

Awesome :) I don't understand how landing a plane could be easy, especially when it has to be on a runway - I'm sure I'd crash - anyway good job Neebo, must feel pretty .. empowering? to be flying something so far off the ground :)

redlady

That's great Neebo - i know you were disappointed when your earlier lesson was cancelled - i'm glad it finally happened for you and that it proved to be fantastic :D And what a confidence boost - i hope this wonderful feeling stays with you and indeed allows you to be successful in your fight against sp - Just imagine how you will feel when you actually GET your pilots license!! 8O Watch out world.

pitkreet

Neebo, that sounds awesome.

It reminded me that it was something I had thought about looking into many years ago, but forgotten all about.

How did you go about arranging lessons? Do you live near an airfield? And if you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost?

I'm glad you found it so inspirational. Next time you can try loop-the-loop :D .

Neebo

Hi Pitkreet,if your thinking of having a flying lesson then I really think you should give it a try. It is a really amazing experience that you will really enjoy and it leaves you with a natural "high",no pun intended,afterwards for hours on end :D Flying lessons can be easily arranged. You could try looking for the nearest airfield to you in the yellow pages,although for me the best and easiest way was to go on the internet and do a google search of flying schools in my area and I soon found one. When I found a flying school near to me that I liked,I took the phone number down,gave them a call and enquired about how much it was. I recommend that you try microlight flying,like I did as its the most cheapest and affordable. They cost around £50 for forty minutes in the air and £30 for twenty minutes in the air. Although that was at the Microlight school where I went,so it probably varies so its also a good idea to ask how much it is for however long you want the lesson to be. Also you must book in advance too because its a bit like making an appointment. So on whatever day you want to go flying ask the instructor if he's got any available slots for you on that. Also on the day that you've booked your flying lesson,its also a good idea to phone the flying school to before you go,to make sure that the instructor gives you the go ahead to fly and hasn't cancelled your lesson due to bad weather. This is because Microlight flying is completely weather dependent. Hope that helped! :)