Welp another year has come and passed..

veryshy

and Im still single :cry:

Im not a social phobe, maybe just a bit shy. I just dont know anyone, all the people I know are in a relationship, married or whatever and it seem slike NONE of them know ANY single girls, NONE AT ALL! Is there a drought of single girls out there or what? Seems like if you want somebody you have to try and steal them away from someone else and Im not all about that.

I cant even pick up girls in a bar, Ive tried.

WTF?!?! I know Im not ugly. But I am kinda short 5'8" and arms are really skinny. I dont think many girls like guys with skinny ams.

veryshy

I pick out the nice ones and approach them. They are usually nice and talk to me but then they leave. Ive had one say I was nice but she liked her guys with "more meat on the bone". My arms are really small, lots of girls have bigger wrists than I do.

Kinetik

Don't pick up girls at the bar. Not only is it difficult and stressful, but it makes you look like a skeeze even if you're genuinely a good guy. Why not try a dating site? I've had relationships form in real life and a couple that started out online too. Both ways worked out okay. So I reckon it's worth a shot. Definitely the easiest way to meet some singles in your area without that horrible face-to-face situation.

SocialRetahd

veryshy said:
I pick out the nice ones and approach them. They are usually nice and talk to me but then they leave. Ive had one say I was nice but she liked her guys with "more meat on the bone". My arms are really small, lots of girls have bigger wrists than I do.

superficial bitches.

edit: Thats exactly your problem, you are being too nice. Nice is boring. You probably need to say exactly whats on your mind and be willing to accept the consequences. But thats the problem. We are way too shy to be like other guys, and so we fail.

veryshy

Kinetik said:
Don't pick up girls at the bar. Not only is it difficult and stressful, but it makes you look like a skeeze even if you're genuinely a good guy. Why not try a dating site? I've had relationships form in real life and a couple that started out online too. Both ways worked out okay. So I reckon it's worth a shot. Definitely the easiest way to meet some singles in your area without that horrible face-to-face situation.

I have/am trying the dating sites. Ive managed to get one girl to meet me face to face, she nicely put it that she wasnt into me after we met. Which was okay because she was kinda a snob.

SocialRetahd

veryshy said:
I have/am trying the dating sites. Ive managed to get one girl to meet me face to face, she nicely put it that she wasnt into me after we met. Which was okay because she was kinda a snob.

How long did it take her to come to this conclusion?

veryshy

I dont know if it was at first sight or what but we met and talked for about 30 mins. Then she said something about how I wasnt the kinda guy for her. But I was okay with it cause I didnt really like her either.

Face to face situations is not what Im scared of. Im not a social phobe, only a little shy at first. i guess Im kind of a bore too.

maggie

veryshy said:
and Im still single :cry:

Im not a social phobe, maybe just a bit shy. I just dont know anyone, all the people I know are in a relationship, married or whatever and it seem slike NONE of them know ANY single girls, NONE AT ALL! Is there a drought of single girls out there or what? Seems like if you want somebody you have to try and steal them away from someone else and Im not all about that.

I cant even pick up girls in a bar, Ive tried.

WTF?!?! I know Im not ugly. But I am kinda short 5'8" and arms are really skinny. I dont think many girls like guys with skinny ams.
hey veryshy...i think many of us on this site struggle with the same issue, it's hard, i know. I think lack of self-esteem and confidence play a huge part in it. I agree with Kinetik, that a bar is likely not the best place to find someone genuine..and someone to connect with. Any time i've ever been there, seems as though people are self-absorbed..phony and fake and too concerned about looks. I find working out and eating healthy has helped with my own self-esteem...and depression..perhaps this could help you also :) Try not to be too concerned with your 'skinny arms'...remember they are only a part of you, that you are a whole package...and you have much to offer someone. I think what's important is how you treat someone, and how they treat you. Focus on your positive qualities..and go from there..good luck 8)

veryshy

The problem is I dont know many people, and those that I do know are a bunch of lames who dont wanna do anything but lay around, they dont know any single girls, hell they really dont know any girls in my age range single or otherwise besides their wives or girlfriends, I dont know whats with their wives and girlfriends but they dont have any girl friends that I can chat it up with. So Im left to tangle with the world of complete strangers :? and for a guy like me that is diffacult. Bars and clubs are really the only places where I can feel comfortable talking with a bunch of strangers. Sometimes in resturaunts I can get to know one of the waitresses, but every single damn one of them that I had any luck talking too is married or has a boyfriend, well except for two but come to find out all they were doing was being nice so they could get better tips :( . Occasionally I can get my friends to come out with me. It seems like when Im around friends Im more socialable, but when I go out alone I feel like a loser. Well I feel like a loser either way really, but when Im around friends I dont care to make an ass of myself for their enjoyment.

I hope you younger teenage kids read this and do something now to stop being a wallflower and get out there and make a bunch of friends while your still in school and its easy, cause it only gets harder the older you get. Im 26 years old and Ive never had a girlfriend, never really even been close to a girl as friends or whatever. I dropped out of school cause I didnt have any friends and I kick myself everyday for it, I dont live anywhere near where I grew up anymore so it doesnt really matter.

How much longer can this go on!!! Theres gotta be someone out there who notices me! :cry: