Weird problem I've been having...

FriendlyShadow

Okay so, I feel like I'm ready to pull my hair out at this moment. I was trying to write one of my stories onto wordpad and I'm pretty sure I had it saved yesterday. Now today, I open up that same wordpad and everything that I had written has now been erased. It shows blank. No warning whatsoever. Can someone tell me why this happens? It's like everytime I I try to save my work on a document, the next few couple of days I open it up, all my work magically gets deleted. What the hell?? :veryangry: Could it be a virus on my computer? Is there any way I can retrieve my original document? This has been very frustrating for me.

Last edited:

FriendlyShadow

It's also funny because after the first time I save my work on wordpad, I'm able to open it up and my work will still be on there for the next few couple of days. I make sure to save all my work so how is it possible for my documents to get deleted all of a sudden? It's in Rich Text Document by the way.

Last edited:

lily

Yeh you should try sth else, your work is being deleted or not working properly

FriendlyShadow

Where are you saving the documents? Can you see the files in that folder?

I saved it onto my desktop. Not so sure that I had a folder for it. But even still, my documents would come up one day magically erased. I've tried saving all of my documents multiple times just in case I ever thought I'd come across this certain problem, but it still happens. I don't know if my Microsoft Wordpad got screwed up somehow because I keep losing these documents.

FriendlyShadow

It didn't show up in my library folder, but when I typed in the period in the searchbar it was able to show up, but the thing is, it wasn't in a folder.

So the documents are on your desktop, right?

• Right-click on one, select "Properties", & see what the file size is.
  • Try saving as plain text.
  • Use a different editor (eg Notepad, Editpad, Notepad++).
  • You could save them in My Documents, maybe create a folder for them.