Weight gain

ullala

Does anyone on the forums have a problem with putting on weight after starting with medication?

I'm 173cm (5 foot 6) and before my depression I weighed something like 68kg (150 pounds). As I got more depressed and developed stress I lost 40 pounds in two years time. People then asked me what the hell was wrong with me since I had gotten so skinny.

The doc put me on antidepressants and now it's two years later and I've gained 25 pounds again. Aaaargh! I'm not that worried because I'm by no means overweight but i hope this doesn't continue.

Anyone else has experience with this? When you quit the meds, does the extra weight come off again?

lonely_world

I remember I gained a bunch of weight in my early twenties when I was taking some meds, don't remember the names of them. But, I did not exercise either, and this is something that people need to think about if they are worried about weight gain. On the other hand, some time ago I did read that some meds will interfere with a chemical in your brain that regulates metabolism, probably even if you do exercise. So my advice to you is to really research whatever meds you plan on taking BEFORE you take them.

lonely_world

I remember I gained a bunch of weight in my early twenties when I was taking some meds, don't remember the names of them. But, I did not exercise either, and this is something that people need to think about if they are worried about weight gain. On the other hand, some time ago I did read that some meds will interfere with a chemical in your brain that regulates metabolism, probably even if you do exercise. So my advice to you is to really research whatever meds you plan on taking BEFORE you take them.