weakest link of upper-middle class family

AtTheGates

Banned
ok so long story short I was born into a moderately wealthy family and very early on in my life I was basically like put into somewhat of an inferior category compared to older brother and sister because when I first learned to speak I had a speech impediment (which is barely noticeable anymore because I too speech lessons over the years) but growing up it was always a huge problem when it came to making friends and fitting in with other kids..I always felt different from everyone else and the fact that I had ADHD made that feeling even worse...from an early age I'v felt stupid/incapable...ever since i was a kid my older brother and sister have been embarassed of me and have never really wanted me around..im from a family where everyone has to be pretty much PERFECT and if you dont reach up to that standard then you're basically worthless to them..they want to "keep up appearances" and i'v never fit their perfect mold and thats always something thats really affected my self-esteem and motivation...There's nothing WRONG with me but compared to my brother and sister im seen as no good ...I'v always felt like no matter WHAT I do i'll never be as good as my older siblings in the eyes of my parents...i'll always just be the outcast of my family....I want to DO something with my life and be successful in SOME way but I cant seem to rid myself of these feelings of inferiority and worthlessness that have plagued me ever since childhood.

I guess im kind of just venting though..

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
And what if you just tell yourself, I'm a worthless piece of sh*t, but it's not gonna stop me?

Your first reflex is probably to tell me it's easier said than done. Yes, of course. Most things are easier said than done. But it isn't impossible for a worthless piece of sh*t to reach goals. You just have to work harder.

And do what you want, not what they want you to do.

If your family is smothering you with their judgment, maybe it's time to let go of the family.

You might find out on the way that you are not worthless, or not anymore.