Was it a lie?

Noca

Banned
Was it all just a lie when I was told that "depression is treatable"? It seems like it will never end and my misery will last till my last breath in this life.

bleach

Banned
Everyone will feel depressed many times in their life. And the psychological research suggests that depression intensifies for people who have surpassed middle age. So I'm going to say yes, it was a lie. You can't cure depression any more than you can cure hunger or boredom.

mrb

no not a lie , i know people who have beaten it , and gone on to be happy people , not 100 per cent happy but a lot better

flerb22

iv in the last week or so come out of a long spell of depression - and i have some advice

1. dont be by yourself - hang around with your friends - even if you dont tell them about your problems you will feel better. if your friends arent about, hang around with your family. if they arent about, sign up to a beginner class in whatever interests you and meet new people

2. get busy. this helped me ALOT. even though you might not feel you have the energy or the will to do something - put some serious effort into something. the gym, reading that book you never get around to, learning a language. if it seems hard, thats because its worth doing.

remember you arent alone - if you are feeling shitty tell us about it. we will listen (or read, but you get the idea)