Want to hear anxiety stories from other people

lily

Welcome to the forum! :) lots of people have anxiety and i find that exercise, meds and supplements help so far.

Last edited:
Lily, i looked up "psychotic anxiety" which you say you have, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing. But i found these:

"The truth is that while anxiety can cause a lot of different changes and behaviors, psychotic behavior is not one of them. Psychosis is characterized by a dangerous loss of reality. Anxiety can cause a break from reality, but that break isn't dangerous and doesn't cause any noticeable, permanent changes"

"Anxiety can be an intensely difficult disorder. It's not simple "nervousness" like it's made out to be. It can cause a host of physical and mental symptoms so severe, that some liken it to psychosis. ... Psychosis and anxiety are similar enough that some people that use the terms equally"

---

Personally, i've had a psychotic episode, just once. And i happened to be very stressed/anxious at the time. I think the stress, nervous anxiety, lack of sleep & a new medication (known to have possible psychotic side-effects) caused my psychotic episode, where i was hallucinating - hearing voices & sounds, & seeing lights (eg my outside house light turned off, when it actually didn't).

lily

Lily, i looked up "psychotic anxiety" which you say you have, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing. But i found these:

"The truth is that while anxiety can cause a lot of different changes and behaviors, psychotic behavior is not one of them. Psychosis is characterized by a dangerous loss of reality. Anxiety can cause a break from reality, but that break isn't dangerous and doesn't cause any noticeable, permanent changes"
I said psychotic anxiety b/c it's too much anxiety from a situation, but I've never had a dangerous loss of reality or a loss of reality. I only have been so anxious I couldn't focus on what's going on around me but that's not a loss of reality.

I said psychotic anxiety b/c it's too much anxiety from a situation, but I've never had a dangerous loss of reality or a loss of reality. I only have been so anxious I couldn't focus on what's going on around me but that's not a loss of reality.

Well, you shouldn't call it psychotic anxiety, just anxiety, to be accurate.