Vodka Mornings...?

LemonKiss

Please tell me I'm not the only teen who feels so bad and AFRAID to face the world that they feel the need to get SHITFACED?

I DESPISE vodka, but does that stop me O No way. It hurts my ears, throat, stomach. Dehydrates me. But Life is so incredibly scary. I'm terrified of everything, a little mouse.

Not just with my buddy on Weekends, but in cold mornings to give me some mind numbing confidence.

Yay, an Alchie at such a young age (I'm borderline Anorexic too, anything to blur this pain).

Who does this dumb stuff to help deal?

Toad

Although I don't drink and never will, I have also found destructive ways of coping with anxiety and depression. Unfortunately, once you find something that works for you it is hard to convince yourself that you need to stop...even if you are able to convince yourself to stop, you just go back to it when everything is overwhelming again...at least this is what happens to me. I don't know if stopping outright is the best solution...there are things worse than drinking, but the sooner you stop the easier it will be as most of these things go.

cr8

I've been drinking for the past few years and I have nothing positive to say about it. At first it helped me in social situations and helped me to relax after a stressful day. Now it is just a routine. Come home, get drunk, go to bed, get up, go to work, come home, get drunk, go to bed. I've been begining to think that I'm 'losing' myself. I can relate to you but I can't give much advice. I guess one difference is that I'm a beer guy and I only drink once all of my daily obligations are fulfilled. I'd love to tell you how I used to be the same way but one day I decided to change it all. Nope. Just a boozer. I raise this next drink to you.

Moonie

I can relate- and vodka is my wepon of choice. I have done a couple presentations drunk at school. I drank 99 apples before my 10 AM class. Made it through the presention, but fell in the stairwell on my way back to my dorm.. (Luckily no one was around!) I also drank before some stressful classes, too. I also went on an interview and drank before (got the job,) and drank before or during work. As I said, nothing TOO major happened to me yet. I think I have cut down significantly- or am trying to. Though, I have some difficult classes this semester that forces me to participate, so I can see myself easily falling for my old ways. I really don't condone this, but I like the way I feel when I am tipsy (or highly tipsy). I am confident and at ease or energetic. I really wish there was something out there that could make me feel like that normally. The floating feeling. The courage. I love it.

Oli025

i used to drink ALOT.

beer, whine in between etc....

ya...headaches never stoped me.

maybe for a few days only lol

LemonKiss

Moonie said:
I can relate- and vodka is my wepon of choice. I have done a couple presentations drunk at school. I drank 99 apples before my 10 AM class. Made it through the presention, but fell in the stairwell on my way back to my dorm.. (Luckily no one was around!) I also drank before some stressful classes, too. I also went on an interview and drank before (got the job,) and drank before or during work. As I said, nothing TOO major happened to me yet. I think I have cut down significantly- or am trying to. Though, I have some difficult classes this semester that forces me to participate, so I can see myself easily falling for my old ways. I really don't condone this, but I like the way I feel when I am tipsy (or highly tipsy). I am confident and at ease or energetic. I really wish there was something out there that could make me feel like that normally. The floating feeling. The courage. I love it.

Really? This sounds like a good idea. Because, it's only life right? Why suffer through every bit of it? A few drinks to make some experinces bearable and even memorable, why that's really not bad at all.