Venting

So I am thinking about everything again. As I do at times. I have come to realize that I seem to have a limit in which once I get to that place I break. That is I freak out for a while. I have also realized that this limit is something that is going to effect my college life bad. See the first year I was here I did alright not making it to this limit. I slept a lot, went to classes when I wanted to, and hung out with people I met. This worked except I didn't go to classes much and never studied, so I ended up with a really bad gpa. This year I have tried study more, and though it was working better. I have no way to vent anything. So between the long days in classes, at work, and studying. And the nights not sleeping well. I have crack again. The thing here is that I am not even into the hard classes yet, and I am freaking that I wont be able to make it. It isn't that I cant learn, it is that either I have no motivation, or they demand you to learn and cram to much in at one time. I really don't want to quit school, I want a degree, I feel like a complete loser otherwise. And now I also have a ton load of loans to pay off. The question is what to do? How am I to survive, not only the rest of this year, but the next 2-3 years.

Josh5339

Somehow - you just do. Sophomore year was the worst year of my college experience. I had major depression and it seemed like I kept getting hit and whammed into a corner. Junior year got easier. Senior year, up to my neck and terrified - but, more due to a thesis project and needing to find a house for it than anything else. In other words, college life fluctuates just like high school life probably fluctuates for most. You'll get by if you hang in there - then in a blink of an eye, you'll be out and the big question mark comes: "what the hell do I do now?" that's a tricky one.

reslo

i dropped out after 2nd year of uni... and i haven't gone back (it's been 2 1/2 years)
In that time, I've had 2 crappy part-time jobs that i had altogether a little less than a year... then like 17 months of unemployment and then im supposed to be starting a new job soon. So for me I was miserable at school and then i was just miserable at home. The problem for me was that I went to a school my parents couldn't afford but wanted me to go to- instead of going to a school that I actually wanted to go to, and secondly, I never sought help for my mental issues/anxiety.

I think that there are compromises you can make, which may not be quit school completely- there's always options-- like maybe go part-time, switch schools to a cheaper one, or maybe like josh5339 was saying, maybe next year won't be so bad? But if you decide to quit, then it's your decision. But at the same time, you have to ask yourself, why do you feel so lethargic? what's preventing you from doing the work? are you afraid of being sucessful? are you afraid of getting into a career with whatever you're studying?

and if you want to have less student loans, it helps if you can pass your classes the 1st time around :D