Venting about relationships...

Ayla

you know, I have noticed that many posts show up here about people just wanting friends, or boyfriends or girlfriends, and although I TOTALLY understand the sentiment...I just wanted to offer a different point of view.

my whole life I have always had friends...but usually best friends, or boyfriends, not big groups of people. and these friends have always been possessive and jealous and....I don't know why...maybe I attract those people, or maybe something about me makes people like that. Anyways, I've always felt like a POSSESSION, not a friend. anytime I met new people, they would always feel threatened.

I just broke up a relationship that was like that. Yesterday, my ex (who is also my baby's father, so there's good reason for me to be still talking to him) asked me to come over and hang out with him...and then changed his mind, told me that he doesn't want to be friends with me or be nice to me because I don't want to be with him; because I hurt him because I didn't want to be his wife. He had no use for me, unless I was serving his purpose. He doesn't even feel like he should have to speak nicely to me, or be civil. I gave 4 years to this guy, trying to make it work. 4 years of sacrifice and he can't give me even a kind word now.

I just feel like, I either have to give all of myself, every last inch of me, to people, or they don't want me. They don't need me.

My point: don't just assume that anyone loving you with solve all your problems. Sometimes that IS the biggest problem. And what if you do find someone, but it doesn't work out.

Of course look for others to love; but love yourself and protect yourself first. You are the only person who will always validate you; who's purpose in life will always be in sinc with yours.

Nie

Ayla said:
My point: don't just assume that anyone loving you with solve all your problems. Sometimes that IS the biggest problem. And what if you do find someone, but it doesn't work out.

Of course look for others to love; but love yourself and protect yourself first. You are the only person who will always validate you; who's purpose in life will always be in sinc with yours.
I so agree with you..

Ayla

Septor said:
What if your problem is no one ever loved you?

Thats a very scary comment. I'm not offended, I think you are probably right, in a way. At least, what I'm describing certainly doesn't sound like real love.

But all situations are more complex than they seem from one vantage point...and I think it would be unfair to the people that I am alluding to to claim that they never loved me properly. And...I think it takes all persons involved to create an unhealthy relationship. I must be equally quilty in creating that situation, I'm just still unclear on how. Maybe if I figure it out, it won't happen anymore. Here's hoping.

Ayla

oh, and btw - I do, finally, have a one friend, a best friend, who actually doesn't hate me for having other friends and other experiences. she actually encourages me to be healthy and happy and go out and explore.
maybe a sign that the tides are turning?
thank god.

jss

Love is not the absolute solution. however It looks the heaven and absolute solution for many of us social phobia people, I had this feeling many times.

In my thoughts having failure love is painful and not having love is painful also.

It is similar to a funny thing I just remembered :)
In Egypt on summer you always wish that it ends and be in winter because it is so so hot.
And in winter you always wish that it ends and be in summer because it is so cold :lol:

I think most thing we need to do is to love our selfs more and know that we have many valuable things in life not only love.
And try not to blame people because they didn't love us, and in other hand not adore and be slaves for people who loved us.

Septor

Ayla said:
My point: don't just assume that anyone loving you with solve all your problems. Sometimes that IS the biggest problem. And what if you do find someone, but it doesn't work out

I must apologize for the comment I made yesterday ayla.I was not clear enough on what I was talking about.What I was talking about when I said what if your problem is no one ever loved you.I was referring to my self because of the comment you made about don't assume that anyone loving you would solve you problem.I just meant what if that is my problem.

I was never directing any comments to you.Sorry about the misunderstanding.I should have been more clear. :( :(

Ayla

woa, yeah, no worries Septor. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

....I really hope that thats not true. could a venture I guess that it can't be? Even if it was a mother...its hard for me to believe that no one has ever...

AntiSocial

My social anxiety is causing problems in my current 'relationship' I say current because were still somewhat 'involved'..My ex cant stand the fact that im too quiet & dont socialize,that im just 'blahh'..I just sit there & dont say anything.He told me to change myself & become more like him-loud and outgoing..Unfortunatly that will never happen b/c of the SA & that realy bothers me!!

Septor

Ayla said:
woa, yeah, no worries Septor. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

....I really hope that thats not true. could a venture I guess that it can't be? Even if it was a mother...its hard for me to believe that no one has ever...

Nope i'm afraid its true. :cry: :cry:

OneAnaHalf

Septor, someone has had to have loved you. I love everyone, your friends, teachers, friends here online, God, we all love you. Don't feel so alone, when you do you're giving in and that's just horrible.

jss

OneAnaHalf said:
Septor, someone has had to have loved you. I love everyone, your friends, teachers, friends here online, God, we all love you. Don't feel so alone, when you do you're giving in and that's just horrible.

Many people love us out there, only pain and depression make us blind that we don't see them.

Septor

OneAnaHalf said:

Nope no one ever did.Sad but true.

dazedandconfused

I met a girl this summer, and we both were crushing hard on eachother for about 3 months, but when I finally decided to ask her out (this was a thursday, I was going to ask her out Friday), she heard that her ex from her hometown was going out with her best friend. This severely upset her, I decided against asking her out the next day, and later that month she told me she only wanted to be friends.
Now she's going out with my best friend.
I don't like her...its just slightly.....ironic?