Venlafaxine Efexor and Dark Circles

ThatGuy

I was just wondering if dark circles under the eyes are a possible side effect of taking this drug?

Yes, I know lack of sleep, poor diet, allergies and a million other things can cause them but I'm wondering if this is a known side effect of this drug?

SilentType

Banned
I've had dark circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember. I doubt the medication is causing it. I've heard that underactive functioning adrenal glands are often the reason for these circles, as well as the things you mentioned. I'm not really worried about my circles, but if they're bothering you, you can go to your doctor and run some tests to figure out if there's anythign serious going on.

Peace

ThatGuy

Thanks for the reply.

I've researched it a bit more and found that it is a possibility with this drug it seems. Some of the side effects seem pretty insane actually.

Apparently it can cause something called "Ecchymosis" which breaks blood vessels near the skin.

I'm not too worried about my dark circles, it's more an annoyance. And being a health freak I like to try and get to the bottom of things like unexplained rashes and stuff.

I might take your advice and go to the doctor about them if they don't go now I'm off the meds. May as well. It's free.