valium

shy_pixie

can anyone please give me any experience stories about taking valium to get thru a stressful/ nervous situation?
I tried a 2mg pill the other day for a speech, and I tell you, it did NOTHING. I was a nervous WRECK. It was terrible.
Is 2mg a really low dose?
The doctor that precribed it to me was of no help, really did not want to give me any constructive help at all.

shy_pixie

I'm angry at my doctor for knowingly giving me a useless dose of medication, which I then went on to use at the most terrifying experience I've had for years: a speech. I am so angry it's not funny. If I wasn't so shy I'd go tell him. Maybe I should anyway. What was the point of giving them to me? It said on the pack to take 1. :evil:
The speech went awfully, and some of the blame is on him. Moron.
http://anxietyjourney.blogspot.com

liliana

Yes, it was quite low. If you want to get any effect then it should be 10 mg. At the beginning I was also taking only 2 mg, I didn't know how much to take since I bought valium online :lol: but now everytime I am anxious I know that between 5 and 10mg will make me feel better.

shy_pixie

I am still angry at him. Bugger him. Maybe I should write a letter. It's not like I want to take medication all the time, just for one off things. I may have had to do a radio interview aswell (god help me- I don't think I do anymore) so it was just those really rare times where I had something out of the ordinary to do, like once or twice a year. I feel like he thought I was going to take them all the time. Who is he to judge me??
Grrrrrrr I am still so mad. I f****d up my speech because of nerves....

kinder1aa

8) No one loves a good rant like I do lol...I'm new here and have had social anxiety in one form or another most of my life, more recently due to job interviews. Anyway, you Dr. was looking out for you beleive it or not. When I came in I'd never taken a anxiety drug in my life let alone Diazepam and he gave me 2mg doses too. I think its the standard, everyone reacts differantly I think