Urinating anxieties.

Zipper

I have difficulty opening up a stream of urine when I am in a public bathroom at a urinal. And if there is anyone in the bathroom with me, it is almost impossible. My abdominal muscles start to clench up and I cannot relieve myself no matter how full my bladder is. :cry:

I'm not sure why I feel this way. I suppose I just feel self-conscious about someone seeing my private parts and wondering why I have a hard time urinating. 8O

Anybody else feel this way? Any advice? :roll:

cLavain

Many people feel this way, even those without SA.

For me, it doesn't even help to be really drunk!

The only thing I can think of is: Take slow, deep breaths.

cocobeware

Yeah thats a nightmare,I think it's called having a shy bladder,sort of like performance anxiety.I hate public toilletes,I always use the cubical unless i'm drunk enough to relax then it's no problem.I've seen me bursting for the toillete and if there i someone else standing there it just seizes up.For me it's nothing to do with someone else seing my penis or anything coz i don't have a problem with communial changing or showers.I think it's the same psychcology involved as with my sp coz thats what i'm afraid of failing or being made to look foolish in front of people.

Drew

This happens to me all the time – 100% of the time, actually. If there is anyone else in the washroom, then there is no way I can go. The more I think about it, the worse it gets. I sense that people know that I’m not urinating within the usual amount of time required – the longer I stand there with nothing happening, the more I think that others are noticing. It has a snowball effect from there. I usually leave in frustration and look for another washroom, or I will wash my hands until everyone has left, and then go.

I’m sure that people have better things to do than to keep track of who is urinating and who is having trouble. I can’t imagine myself doing it. That would be just plain weird. But at the time, it seems quite logical that everyone in the washroom is noticing how strange it is that that guy is standing there, but not urinating.

I also have this exact problem with blushing. If I think about it, it happens. The more aware I am of the problem, the redder my face becomes – and so on…

:oops:

Carolina2

It's known as stage fright.

And a LOT of people deal with it. No biggie.

I had a friend in college who had fun with it and kind of poked fun at himself because he always had to find a stall whenever we were in public.

Once he had fun with it, it kind of took the edge off.

frogpie

u could almost say that to a sp the world is a toilet and each person a urinal......
life is 1 long joke i guess thats y people like tv dramas hell i dunno

limelight

I can't use the urinals at all. I used to be able to when I was really young before I got SP.

Now I sometimes even have trouble in the stalls if there's somebody in the adjacent stall. It's horrible.

Septor

Its funny I don't have any problem with urinals in bathroom.My problem is using a the toilet especially if there some one in the next one over.I know it sound stupid but I'll just wait untill the bathroom empty and there no one in the stall or I will just hold it.

beautiful

Well Im female & I have the same problems (you know what I mean LOL before u start thinking things)

I get self concious that ppl can hear me, or if im doing it longer than most or if i get stuck in the toilet & cant open the door

Its not too bad when there are lots of cubicles in there, but when theres only 1, it scares me

Also those pay to use ones, I avoid them as im no good with doors & machines & things (Im too scared 2 even use a hot drinks machines or vending machine on my own) as I would get my money stuck or it wouldnt let me through the door or I would get stuck in the door