Urgh

Dave1989

Sorry but need to rant.

I hate it whenever my dad is drunk and has people round, becuase he talks to me like a f*cking baby or as if there is something wrong with me. Like tonight for example, he has the neghbours round, they are all drunk but sitting in the front room, so i thought id go and get a drink of juice from the kitchen and come straight back upstairs. Anyway when i went into the kitchen i knocked a bottle of water off the table onto the floor, straight away my dad shouts, " are you alright" in this patronising voice, as if he was talking to a disabled person. Then he sends one of the neighbours in to make idol chat with me, and low and behold the neighbour speaks to me in the same patronising tone of voice as if there is something wrong with me or as if im slow etc. I feel rubbish now, can't tell wether It's just my social anxiety making me think they are talking to me like that but if im honest with myself i think blaming it on the sa is the easy excuse.

Sorry if that makes no sense, needed to get it out though.

hoddesdon

He probably realises he is making a fool of himself by being drunk, and so is projecting his negative feelings onto someone else. Just as needs the crutch of alcohol to cope with life, he needs the crutch of transferring the blame to someone else.

Hey, that's how my mom talks to me when she has guests over. She doesn't even need to be drunk.

I'm sorry that my post isn't at all helpful but I figured I should force myself to say something since I've been surfing this site for nearly an hour now trying to.

hoddesdon

There is something of value in posting something if you found it difficult before, whatever its content.

Thanks hoddesdon, if you are speaking to me. It's only been recently that I've felt the need to take a shot of alcohol simply to be able to communicate with strangers on the internet.