Urgent advice

cwood1990

Hi
I'm Claire and from the age of 15 to 19 I was completely housebound now at the age of 21 I am able to travel and go to shops by myself but recently i have been trying to get into work and even managed to get a temporary position in a shop. I spent 4 hours training at this shop and don't wanna go back due to fear of dealing with customers and using the till. I don't know if i should fight through this fear or if maybe i just need to work in a non customer environment. By the way the fear from a scale of 1 to 10 is 10 i have cried twice since training and am feeling constanly sad due to the whole situation. I hope someone who maybe has experienced the same thing can help me make up my mind.

Blabla..

Hey Claire , welcome

I suggest you try the non customer environment , like i did , there are a couple of jobs which doesn't involve dealing with customers , i worked as a chef for 5 years in a rotisserie and , once you become familiar with the environment and the people it's pretty cool

Blabla..

i did try alot of jobs with customers but i hated it , going to work was a nightmare for me i usually ended up quitting after 1-2 days so , don't torture yourself by doing something you hate everyday , or it is possible that you get used to it and end up liking it ,who knows ?

cwood1990

thats what i dont know i'm on sick benefit so if i accept this job i lose my money and may not get it again so i'm scared of risking my money for a job a may not ever like

Blabla..

well if your first day was that bad , i wouldn't risk it , i would try something else without having to interact with customers , that's what i would do personally

Blabla..

i'm sorry i can't help any further , jobs varies alot from places to places , back then i would look online for local job postings , and just get informed if interacting with customers was needed , i had never worked in a kitchen , i tried it and liked it ,

cwood1990

ahh thanks for helping i'm stiill very confused though because i have gotten over fears before this. I think this is my last fear to get over than i'm somewhat normal.

stevelee24

Hi
I'm Claire and from the age of 15 to 19 I was completely housebound now at the age of 21 I am able to travel and go to shops by myself but recently i have been trying to get into work and even managed to get a temporary position in a shop. I spent 4 hours training at this shop and don't wanna go back due to fear of dealing with customers and using the till. I don't know if i should fight through this fear or if maybe i just need to work in a non customer environment. By the way the fear from a scale of 1 to 10 is 10 i have cried twice since training and am feeling constanly sad due to the whole situation. I hope someone who maybe has experienced the same thing can help me make up my mind.

what i learned from my councillor was a job that makes you feel like this has a negative effect of getting better with SA. if you are reduced to tears get out now your not ready for it. no matter how desperate you are for a job it should not be making you feel like this. wait until your ready start off slowly until you feel like you can deal with a situation like this if not forget about it

cwood1990

thanks my family and boyfriend are telling me the opposite but i guess thats because they dont understand i'll have to sleep on it and i'll tell you what i decided tomorrow

stevelee24

thanks my family and boyfriend are telling me the opposite but i guess thats because they dont understand i'll have to sleep on it and i'll tell you what i decided tomorrow

yeah i got told the same rubbish from my friends and family for years thats because they dont recognise SA as an illness or know anything about it.

SadPanda

Hi Claire
If you don't feel ready, then don't do it. I think a non customer facing job sounds better for you. I spent a few years working as a cleaner in a hotel, you only really need speak to your boss. Later, I plan on starting a small business from home. Perhaps this might be something for you? I wish you all the best :)