upbringing made me a wierdo

Baguette

i dont know my dad and my mum raised me by her self and she barley knew English so i kinda grew up not talking but i was always doing stuff tho.

i think i have some repressed memories, ive been thinking back lately about my child hood (im 21 now) and some things that dont seem right, i remember in pre-primary being called to an office where i had to strip down to my underwear and they checked my body for bruises, that situation was very uncomfortable.
each year each of my teachers would ask my mum to come to school to talk about my behavior and mum would always say just give him a good smack and the teacher would say we cant do that and mum would say that they have her permission to do it...

when ever there was a problem mum would never just talk to me about it to sort it out, she would just smack me around, i don't have much actual memories of being smacked only the before and after, i think i have repressed them. but i do remember that i would sometimes start hitting my self then she would stop, hitting myself was a lot less painful then her hitting me and unfortunately me hitting myself had carried on later in life(i haven't done it yet this year and hopefully i wont). the last time she really went off at me (i was 12 and i think i super glue some of her stuff together) i was so scared i was shaking and kinda traumatize and then i pissed myself then she realized what she done and has never really hurt me again.

i think but im not sure that these things have helped form my personality

I don't think your a wierdo, you went through a lot and you came out fighting.. you should be proud of yourself

Danfalc

Banned
when ever there was a problem mum would never just talk to me about it to sort it out, she would just smack me around, i don't have much actual memories of being smacked only the before and after, i think i have repressed them. but i do remember that i would sometimes start hitting my self then she would stop, hitting myself was a lot less painful then her hitting me and unfortunately me hitting myself had carried on later in life(i haven't done it yet this year and hopefully i wont). the last time she really went off at me (i was 12 and i think i super glue some of her stuff together) i was so scared i was shaking and kinda traumatize and then i pissed myself then she realized what she done and has never really hurt me again.

Wow that was heart breaking to read,I know you wasnt looking for sympathy but still,you went through an awfull lot.Like Brokenx said you so arnt a weirdo.Going through somthing like that would affect anyone.

Do you see a doctor or anything?I think it would really help you to speak to a therapist.If you find a good one,they might be able to help you come to grips with the past a bit.And maybe just speaking to someone about it will help.

For what its worth,I think our childhoods play a bit part in shaping us,I think 90% of people on here,have there problems because of messed up Childhoods.Parents can do so much damage..But In my opinion,while a bad childhood can have a big negative impact,I would like to think it doesnt have to define us for the rest of our lives and we can change.

Baguette

thanks guy, but i am a weirdo everyone tells me im so weird but they kinda live for it tho and don't hate me because of it but. ive been told im like a alien in a human body