Unreal world

Do you ever have the feeling that the world is just a stage and you're only acting? As if everything you do and say is just superficial and 'put on' i.e. as if you're an actor saying his/her lines and nothing is natural but it's all affected? I have that feeling...I mean, I say and do things, but there's no emotions behind it..it's not natural and spontaneous..can anyone relate?

weak

Godspeed You Black Emperor, A silver Mt. Zion, The Kidcrash, Norma Jean, Amon Amarth, Genghis Tron

SunCat

Yes, I think what you are talking about is dissociation.When I find myself in a stressful situation I also feel as though I am someone else sometimes. It used to happen more often when I was younger, now that I am more confident, I feel better able to be myself.

it prolly defines who i was in college....i always make myself compatible to the environment...alas it never actually work....i always says things tt i feel was expected of me and smile when i feel crap and angry about the idiotic comments tt were said to me....by the end of the day i'll return to my room n be alone...i always felt relieved then...is like one day down n i survived the scene

all the time. The only time I can relax is when I am alone at home or with my family. With people I feel disconnected and in the background. I definately feeling like I am "acting". I guess this is because I don't have the confidence to put myself out there. And my depression makes me feel like I don't have the energy.