Umm...err...internet thing type curiosity stuff

Yossarian

Ok a while back before my PC blew up and then I blew up my PC there was a topic about how people felt about their appearence. I remember thinking that alot of people who hated the way they look were people who were confident chatting online.

I have no confidence online but I'm not really bothered about how I look (though it doesn't stop other people lol *distant twangs of the violin*). Anyway I know some people here are ok on the net and some aren't.

To cut a long story short. If you don't mind, are you:
a) I have a negative self image but I'm confident chatting online.
b) I have a negative self image and am not confident online.
c) I don't have a negative self image and am not confident online.
d) I don't have a negative self image and I am confident online.

Jeez, sorry I don't know how to do polls and it's too late and I am too drunk to learn. Oh and when I say self image I mean your opinions of how you look physically.

Crimefish

More a) than anything else, but I'm not completely confident, I still can't start a convo, and I'm still way sensetive to criticism.

JWH

A. Confident chatting one to one, but never in chat rooms and not very confident on message boards. I can leave my negative self image behind if I'm chatting online - makes a huge difference.

So what makes you C? SP of course, but is there any reasoning behind the lack of confidence?

Yossarian

Doh I put 2 c's up!! :oops:

Seems to be a pattern emerging.....even though it's very unscientific.

Well Jane, I guess that's the question as to why I'm socially phobic. I honestly don't know. I guess I'm more scared of being rejected for who I am than what I look like.

Fredscars

I know that really, i have a negative self image, because people seem to think alot of me, when they get to know me, so that i feel that i have to prove myself, show to be what they think of me (which i already am but i cant except that) and so no matter how much i look in the mirror, or change my image, i am never happy, because people think more of me than i actually am, and i desperately try and prove that i can last upto that, but i cant because im not.

:oops:

wait, did that make any sense at all?

Nightshade

I'm probably in the first C category. I don't have any particular issues with my appearance (anymore, although I sure used to).

I write posts out carefully, sometimes I disconnect from the internet to give myself time to think about them, sometimes I write them first in Word, then edit carefully, then at least half the time I delete them because it doesn't seem like there is any point to what I'm saying.

Partly this is because I'm just like that - I like my spelling to be correct and things like that. But I'm not particularly confident on message boards, although I quite like the style of communication (having time to think and edit etc).

Egmanns

D

Id say im def a D. I have aspects of my image im not happy with but then again im a perfectionist.

clairet

c I think. I'm not all bothered by my appearence but worry that I say the wrong thing a lot and that I'll be critisized. I think it's worse online in some ways because people don't know you at all and I they critisize you immeadiately it's like you are instantly dislikable!