ugh...

exuser01

This is how it usually goes for me:

"Hi, I'm (my name)."
"Hi, I'm (says her name)."
(pause followed by longer more awkward pause)
"Well, see ya!"
(obsessive thoughts for the rest of the day)

How do I get over this?

Gloomy

Insert words where awkward pause is.

You should try rehearsing what you're going to say before you start the conversation. Share something about yourself or compiment the person. Be friendly look them in the face and don't forget to smile! :D

Septor

Try to compliment them and get them to talk about them self.Let them know you are interested in hearing about them selfs.People love talking about them selfs.

Don't try to hard either.That's the worse mistake guys make and smile. :D

exuser01

I'll see what I can do.

I wish everyone around didn't have to watch me. :evil: It seems like whenever I talk in class or something everyone turns their fucking head quickly to look at me like Micheal Myers in that halloween movie. But I also wish my hair wasn't falling out cause my looks are pretty much all I can offer.

exuser01

harvey said:
As superficial as it may seem, the weather is alway an acceptable topic. Is it unusual? is it ruining plans? Is it just right for the plans? Do you hope it stays this way for the weekend because ....?
Then listen to what she says for something to follow up on. She says something like "I agree, we were hoping to camp at Long River for canoeing." Now you can ask her anything and everything about camping or canoeing.
And as she answers look for other things you can comment on or ask about.

I'd be labeled as boring if I took that approach, besides I played out the scenario in my head and this is what I saw...

Me: "So what do you think the weather is gonna be like this weekend?"
Girl: "well, yada yada yada."
Me: "Yea I was thinking of doing this or that but not if it's gonna be this cold."
Girl: "hahaha, bla bla bla, blab blab?"
Me: "Whenever I can, how bout you?"

*so we get to know eachother*

Me: btw I have no friends.(eventually it will come up)
Girl: ...

I really have nothing in common with "common folk" as well. What? does she want to come over and play video games or watch sports? Is she gonna watch me read books? I guess I have to find someone as messed up as me. Thanks for your help though :)

i totally know how you feel about trying to talk to the opposite sex...
thats how it is for me pretty much...i dont want to live my life in no relationship at all. i mean i dont even have male freinds really. im so lame. i just freeze up and cant even talk to guys most of the time. and even if i do have a conversation about the wether, it gets to the point where im expected to say something a little more interesting. its sooo hard.

exuser01

Thanks for your responses.... Not to sound pretentious, but I know I'm still hot, yet my time is running thin because my hair is running thin. So either way, I have to make a move soon.

Septor

Don't lay your whole life story down for her when you first talk to her.You don't want to spook her and although having no friends will come up sooner or later it's better to have already establish some kind of rapport with her before you start to get into that type of thing.You don't want to come off as being desperate.

As other people have said talk about the weather just to get the conversation started or some other trivial thing.The best way of keep the conversation going is to ask question about her self and interests.Show your interests in them and what they think about them self and things.Don't force it if it not going well.

One other thing NO PICK LINES.Please just don't use those pick up lines.We was talking about.There about as corny as they can get. :lol: