Ugh!!! So restricted.

Kingdave

I've always wanted to be able to present to a crown without getting that crackly i am about to cry voice, Or have enough confidence in myself that i can walk in a place with my held head high and just be me.......but whenever i try to be me afterward i find myself asking who am i? who is, me. It sucks to be shy, especially since you miss out on so many opportunities you dont get that many chances to show what a great person you are, and are left to hang out with people who wouldn't necessarily benefit you.

Has anyone been there or know what it feels like to be shy?

I've always wanted to be able to present to a crowd without getting that crackly i am about to cry voice, Or have enough confidence in myself that i can walk in a place with my held head high and just be me.......but whenever i try to be me afterward i find myself asking who am i? who is, me. It sucks to be shy, especially since you miss out on so many opportunities you dont get that many chances to show what a great person you are, and are left to hang out with people who wouldn't necessarily benefit you.

"...present to a crowd without getting that crackly i am about to cry voice..."

I can do this now, though it couldn't be to just any crowd

"...that i can walk in a place with my held head high and just be me..."

I did this for the first time at a family gathering this week

"...whenever i try to be me afterward i find myself asking who am i? who is, me..."

It feels like my soul gets torn loose and I'm not sure how to stitch it back in place, but back in place it eventually goes.

I used to be very shy and am still proudly introverted. Put in persistent effort and over time the impossible becomes possible.

whattodo1

I always sound like i am about to cry when I do presentations. My doctor prescribed me propanolol a couple days ago. Havent tried it yet
But my bigger problems is that I dont talk to people. I think i have selective mutism but I dont know. I can talk when there is one person but I cant talk when there is more that one person around. After someone talks to me I aways have to over think it, like i acted so stupid, i should have said this etc.
I try realy hard to say something when I am with people and even sometimes my own friends but I cant think of anything to say that sounds like a normal thing to say.. When i am with my family I am perfectly fine and dont have any of these problems.

Memory

I've always wanted to be able to present to a crown without getting that crackly i am about to cry voice, Or have enough confidence in myself that i can walk in a place with my held head high and just be me.......but whenever i try to be me afterward i find myself asking who am i? who is, me. It sucks to be shy, especially since you miss out on so many opportunities you dont get that many chances to show what a great person you are, and are left to hang out with people who wouldn't necessarily benefit you.

I know what you mean. I get that crackly I am about to cry voice all the time, and it drives me crazy. Indeed it does suck to be shy, you miss out on so much and even if you do hang out with people, personally I always feel like I'm not really there.

But my bigger problems is that I dont talk to people. I think i have selective mutism but I dont know. I can talk when there is one person but I cant talk when there is more that one person around. After someone talks to me I aways have to over think it, like i acted so stupid, i should have said this etc.

Same. I'm still bad with just one person but at least I can actually talk to them. When there's more than one person, someone has to directly address me for me to say anything and even then half the time I can't.