turned to god to help cope with stress

dodo777

Because I allowed my self to get so stressed it has finaly taken its toll.Now I suffer from paranoia and really bad nerves lost my freinds my son loves me but doesnt spend time with me.I am now thinking of going to church and let god in my life.I stoped drinking and taking drugs 6 years ago but with that you have got to stay away from people who does drugs and drink for obvious reasons.I want to better my life and I think going to church is a start and I would like to help others who are in pain or just do some good.For me it has been a long hard road i still get looks off people because I cracked up and lashed out at people and done some damage thats another story.I have been alone now for a long time just giving myself rest and time to heal now its time to move on.I was wondering is there any one else that has turned to god for help and are better for it.Please let me know?

Yes I admit "God" has helped me in my life. He doesn't always give you exactly what you want...more what you need. Works in mysterious ways..I've given up trying to understand...but I think you could do worse than turn to "God"...a higher power anyway.....(first step in 12 step program of AA)