trying to get out more...

carebear

hopefully i will get some replies to this.
is anyone here shy, and have anxiety but they like to party a lot?
if so, what types of problems to you encounter when you go partying?

for example, substance abuse, fear of looking stupid in public that stops you from going out sometimes..etc.

Let me know. I am desperately trying to find people like me! 8)

-cb

Invisible_Alien

I used to be that way. I was shy but I did want to go out and party. When I was in college I wanted to party a lot. I never had CLOSE friends in college but did know some people. I became friendly with this one group from a certain fraternity and they always invited me to their parties. I was always afraid to go, mostly because I was afraid of not knowing most people there, not knowing what to say and looking like and idiot, and fear of people thinking I didn't belong. Usually I ended up going anyway and mostly had good times, especially when I had a few beers in me. I also used to like to go to clubs and concerts and stuff. Those weren't so bad becuase I'd be with friends or family. When I was with someone I was comfortable with I didn't care what other people thought of me, and didn't have to worry about not having anyone to talk to. I never was the type who wanted to party A LOT, and now I barely want to party at all.

justsomebloke25

with me it's been so long since i went out partying with anyone that I actually liked that I've got no idea anymore whether I'd enjoy it or not

carebear

I can totally relate here.
when i went to college I used the beer and alcohol to soothe myself. I was invited to all of the frat parties because my roomate would go to them, and I would just end up going with her. I never really enjoyed them, but getting drunk and smoking was fun!! I wasn't really suppossed to because I was on the meds, but I did it anyways. :lol:

the whooole atmosphere just made me feel sooooo a part of life.\
Now that I've graduated, I have nothing. I have to make my own social life. It's really hard. I have a forum to discuss stuff like this in the shyness/anxiety section http://www.lonelyclubber.com/phpbb

sugaryberries

I would like to party because maybe I would have some fun. But I don't go to paries because I don't know what I would do. I mean I definitely wouldn't talk to people, or dance, and I would probably not drink, and definitely not smoke.