Tryin' Topamax

Jezza

Hi guys,

Just wakin'up in the morning gotta...oh wait...

Anyway, as of today I'm trying out if topamax helps the HH. I wanted to try glyco with ionto first but apparently that is not at all available here in the Netherlands, so now for next time I'm hoping to find another good anticholinergic that is soluble in water and preferably doesn't cross the brain blood barrier (unless of course, this topamax actually happens to work).

As for the dopamax, if I don't encounter too much weird stuff I'll be taking them for at least two weeks but probably a month to give it a fair chance. Keep you posted as always...100mg initially, going on 200.

Last edited:

Jezza

Hey guys, in case anyone was still watching this...it quit after a week and a halve of 200mg/day. It didn't really do much for the sweating (as in, the HH wasn't significantly and consistly improved anyway), but gave me side effects that were kind strange (it's all in the discription of the drug, but still I hadn't quite expected it to be like this).

Since it is quite a weird drug with many workings and some of them not fully understood and I didn't foresee a sudden dramatic improvement if I kept taking it, I stopped taking the meds.

It did give me some positive side effects as a matter of fact as well, but...ultimately this med has too many questions about it for me to take it except if it would abolish the HH...