Try this...it could help.

relaxed_attention

The other day I was reading from a book while taping myself. I would rewind the tape and do it over until I liked the sound of my voice...took like 15 tries. You know what...it really gave me a surge of confidence. I started making phone calls after that and was ready to start my day on a positive note. Maybe if I do a bit every morning, it will start me off on the right foot.

Will someone try this and write me to let me know if this works for them? If so, I'll recommend it to everyone suffering from SA. I mean you could really hear it in my voice, I sounded confident. Just want to make sure I'm not the only one.

shhhh

that's an amazing idea, I'm going to try it

I've thought about a web cam or video camera, to try seeing what I look like from other people's eyes

I know, that's what a mirror's for, but a mirror is kind of like hearing your own voice inside your head, you're looking at yourself and that changes it, too subjective

with a video camera, you could set it up and just go with it, without having to face your own image

but I never thought about the voice thing, I will try it and get back

Chilling__Echo

hmm very interesting, even if it only works for you (which couldn't possibly be the case) good for you!

i see alot of people that end up becoming bitter towards the world and sort of caving in on their SA and themselves but by becoming more comfortable with yourself by sort of training yourself to relax and control yourself under pressure, you're beating this nightmare of a disease :) well done

Septor

relaxed_attention said:
The other day I was reading from a book while taping myself. I would rewind the tape and do it over until I liked the sound of my voice...took like 15 tries. You know what...it really gave me a surge of confidence. I started making phone calls after that and was ready to start my day on a positive note. Maybe if I do a bit every morning, it will start me off on the right foot.

Will someone try this and write me to let me know if this works for them? If so, I'll recommend it to everyone suffering from SA. I mean you could really hear it in my voice, I sounded confident. Just want to make sure I'm not the only one.

I did that when was younger.I can't say I had a much success as you did although it did help me a little.Its one of those tricks that people might want to give a try to see if it works for them.