true story

Jezza

Hey guys,

I informed a neurologist who does some research what's (according to me) the cause of HH ;), so in say, 10 years, we'll be a-ok.

Last edited:

tbanner523

He said we would be ok? Doubt it, I don't think will see a "cure" in our lifetime. Treatments might improve, but I don't think a cure is on the horizon.

Jezza

No, no...he didn't.

And no, a 'cure' will probably not be on the horizon, but I definitely think new meds or improved meds will be.

Personally, that's fine by me...I just want to be able to live as normal as possible and if taking some good medication has to be part of that equasion no problem.

Basically it's just a very, very long shot, so I was being a bit sarcastic here, but still with a glimmer of hope that it in fact isn't sarcastic. Don't read too much into it though...

Last edited:

tbanner523

Some posts have mentioned a possible medication out of Germany but, I have a sneaking suspicion that it will just be an anticholinergic that is 'approved' for controlling sweat. Currently, robinul, advert, etc., are not indicated for hyperhidrosis, they are all being prescribed off-label. I think this new drug will be marketed as an anti-sweating drug with the exact same mechanism as robinul....I could be wrong.....

Jezza

Haha damn man you got my hopes up!

Yeah, I'm sorry that was not my intention...on the outside chance that something does come out of it though, I'll keep you informed. And also on the more likely chance that this whole idea is shut down, I'll let you know.

Same way I just found out that TPRV1 receptors probably aren't the cause. after I read this; TRPV1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, I also thought well maybe this could be good for HH, but according to someone who wrote some research about it apparently it isn't a solution.

@tbanner

I guess that would be tiotropium bromide? I've heard something like that too. Tiotropium is a quaternary anticholinergic like robinul, only it's said to last longer. However, tiotropium is just available in capsule form, you need to take it with an inhaler (indicated for people with asthma or COPD) to minimize side-effects. But we HH sufferers don't want to minimize side effects if the side effect is less sweating...

Noca

Banned
Question to all you HH'ers, what happens when you exercise? What then? Do you sweat even more? Just wondering.

Jezza

Noca,

Yes and no. As you might know, the HH isn't constant but gets worse when you're engaged in doing something, so for instance, playing sports, driving a car, having an exam, having an interview. Every single situation where every human has heightened awareness...I don't feel my emotions at that point are any different than the next guy's, but still, I'm sweating like crazy, it's like the normal sweating everyone gets is just amplified for some reason.

So, yes, playing sports I'm sweating heavily from the usual HH places, but it isn't any worse than, say, driving a car, going out etc...Also, from places not affected by HH (which in my case is unfortunately just my chest arms and face), I'm not sweating more than anyone else, if anything maybe even less. That is not to say my face doesn't sweat, but I don't feel it's more than normal and it's a different kind of sweat (probably just normal apocrine sweating).